Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
One of the best Mac OS X reference books has just gotten better. Special Edition Using Mac OS X Tiger is the ultimate guide to your new Mac operating system. Written in a straightforward style with no fluff, You will thoroughly cover everything you need to know to use Mac OS X Tiger as efficiently and effectively as possible. In addition to coverage of the core functionality of the desktop, you will find extensive coverage of topics that enable you to accomplish productive work with your Mac, such as creating digital movies, surfing the Net, and creating and hosting a Web site. This book also contains substantial amounts of information to help you add devices to expand your system so you can accomplish even more. You'll learn about the iLife suite of applications, including iTunes, iDVD, iPhoto, Garage Band and iMovie and how to configure the technologies so that they can be used to expand your system and maximize its performance. This comprehensive user's guide provides you with the in-depth, wide-ranging information that you need to get the most out of your operating system.
Design and Install the Perfect PC—On Your Mac
Viewing and Navigating Mac OS X Finder Windows
Viewing and Navigating Mac OS X Tiger Finder Windows
I. MAC OS X: EXPLORING THE CORE.
1. Mac OS X: Foundations.
2. Getting Started with Mac OS X.
3. Viewing and Navigating Mac OS X Finder Windows.
4. Working on the Mac OS X Desktop.
5. Using and Customizing the Dock.
6. Working with the Dashboard and Widgets.
II. MAC OS X: MASTERING THE SYSTEM.
7. Installing and Using Mac OS X Applications.
8. Configuring, Customizing, and Exploring Mac OS X.
9. Making Your Mac Accessible to Everyone.
10. Using the Automator to Make Your Mac Work for You.
11. Unix: Working with the Command Line.
12. Computing on the Move with PowerBooks and iBooks.
III. Mac OS X: Connecting to the World.
13. Connecting Your Mac to the Internet.
14. Using an AirPort Network to Connect to the Internet.
15. Using Email.
16. Surfing the Web.
17. Using .Mac to Integrate Your Mac onto the Internet.
IV. MAC OS X: LIVING THE DIGITAL LIFE.
18. Listening to and Managing Your Music with iTunes.
19. Configuring and Using an iPod.
20. Creating Your Own Music with GarageBand.
21. Creating, Editing, and Organizing Digital Images Using iPhoto.
22. Working with Other Mac OS X Image Tools.
23. Viewing QuickTime Movies.
24. Making Digital Movie Magic with iMovie.
25. Watching DVD Movies with DVD Player.
26. Creating Your Own DVDs with iDVD.
27. Using the Other "i" Applications.
29. Working with Input Devices.
30. Finding, Installing, and Using Output Devices.
31. Understanding and Using Data Storage Devices.
32. Installing and Configuring Connecting Devices.
VI. Mac OS X: Living in a Networked World.
33. Building and Using a Network.
34. Sharing an Internet Connection.
VII. Mac OS X: Protecting, Maintaining, and Repairing Your Mac.
35. Maintaining and Protecting Your Mac.
36. Solving Mac Problems.
VIII. MAC OS X: APPENDIX.
A. Installing and Maintaining Mac OS X.