- Programming Drivers for the Kernel Mode Driver Framework
- Sample Drivers by Model
- Sample Drivers by Features
- KMDF Driver Structure and Concepts
- A Minimal KMDF Driver: The Simple Toaster
- Creating a WDF Driver Object: <em>DriverEntry</em>
- Creating the Device Object, Device Interface, and I/O Queue: EvtDriverDeviceAdd
A Minimal KMDF Driver: The Simple Toaster
The Simple Toaster sample provided in toaster\func\simple is a minimal, software-only function driver. It creates a driver object, a device object, a device interface, and single I/O queue. The driver handles read, write, and device I/O control requests that are targeted at its device.
The minimal driver includes the following functions:
- A DriverEntry routine, which creates the driver object
- An EvtDriverDeviceAdd event callback, which creates the device object, a device interface, and a default I/O queue
- I/O callback functions for read, write, and device I/O control requests
The driver does not manage any physical hardware, so no code to support Plug and Play or power management is required; the driver uses the WDF defaults.