- Copyright 2020
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-594687-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-594687-9
7+ hours of video instruction
The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with the powerful IPython and Jupyter Notebooks platforms.
Python Fundamentals LiveLessons with Paul Deitel is a code-oriented presentation of Python—one of the world’s most popular and fastest growing languages. In the context of scores of real-world code examples ranging from individual snippets to complete scripts, Paul demonstrates coding with the interactive IPython interpreter and Jupyter Notebooks. You quickly become familiar with the Python language, its popular programming idioms, key Python Standard Library modules and several popular open-source libraries. In the Intro to Data Science videos, Paul lays the groundwork for later lessons in which he introduces some of today's most compelling, leading-edge computing technologies, including natural language processing, data mining Twitter® for sentiment analysis, cognitive computing with IBM® Watson™, supervised machine learning with classification and regression, unsupervised machine learning with clustering, computer vision through deep learning and convolutional neural networks, sentiment analysis through deep learning with recurrent neural networks, big data with Hadoop®, Spark™ streaming, NoSQL databases and the Internet of Things.
NOTE this LiveLesson is one in a series of five:
- Python Fundamentals LiveLessons Part I
- Python Fundamentals LiveLessons Part II
- Python Fundamentals LiveLessons Part III
- Python Fundamentals LiveLessons Part IV
- Python Fundamentals LiveLessons Part V
What you will learn in Part IV:
- Lesson 11–Natural Language Processing (NLP)–Install and use the TextBlob, NLTK, Textatistic and spaCy NLP libraries;, tokenize text into words and sentences; parts-of-speech tagging (noun, verb, etc.); sentiment analysis (positive, negative or neutral); detect the language of text; translate between languages; get word roots via stemming and lemmatization; spell checking and correction; word definitions, synonyms and antonyms; remove stop words from text; create word-cloud visualizations; determine text readability.
- Lesson 12–Data Mining Twitter®–Access tweets and other information on Twitter with Tweepy–a popular Python Twitter API client; search past tweets with the Twitter Search API; sample the live tweet stream with the Twitter Streaming API; work with tweet object meta data; use NLP techniques to clean and preprocess tweets for analysis; perform sentiment analysis on tweets; spot trending topics with Twitter’s Trends API; map tweets using folium and OpenStreetMap.
- Lesson 13–IBM Watson® and Cognitive Computing–Intro to Watson and its free Lite tier services; demos of several Watson services; registering for an IBM Cloud account; set up and get credentials for Watson services; install the Watson Developer Cloud Python SDK; build a Traveler’s companion language translator app that mashes up the Watson Speech to Text, Language Translator and Text to Speech services.
LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home & Office Technologies, Business & Management, and more. View All LiveLessons on InformIT: http://www.informit.com/imprint/series_detail.aspx?ser=2185116