This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Need answers quickly? PowerPoint 2013 on Demand provides those answers in a visual step-by-step format. We will show you exactly what to do through lots of full color illustrations and easy-to-follow instructions.
Inside the Book
• Create powerful presentations faster using ready-made templates
• Use gestures to navigate your presentation and slide show on touch screens
• Organize information in sections and add impact with online pictures, SmartArt diagrams, tables, and charts
• Make your presentation come alive with custom animations, 3-D effects, and slide transitions
• Embed, format, trim, and add text to videos in your presentation
• Add comments and email or IM your presentation to others for review
• Broadcast your presentation over the Internet in a browser
• Use SharePoint and SkyDrive to collaborate and share documents
• Prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam
Illustrations with matching steps
Tasks are presented on one or two pages
Numbered Steps guide you through each task
Did You Know? alerts you to tips and techniques
See Also points you to related information in the book
Bonus Online Content
Register your book at queondemand.com to gain access to:
• Workshops and related files
• Keyboard shortcuts
Visit the author site: perspection.com
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 3 and Index)
1 Getting Started with PowerPoint 1
Starting PowerPoint 2 New!
Viewing the PowerPoint Window 3
Using the Ribbon 4 New!
Choosing Commands 5 New!
Working with the Ribbon and Toolbars 6
Choosing Dialog Box Options 8
Using the Status Bar 9 New!
Creating a Blank Presentation 10 New!
Creating a Presentation Using a Template 11 New!
Creating a Presentation from an Existing One 12 New!
Opening a Presentation 14 New!
Arranging Windows 16 New!
Using Task Panes and Window Panes 17 New!
Understanding PowerPoint Views 18 New!
Browsing a Presentation 20 New!
Documenting Properties 22
Converting an Existing Document 23
Getting Help While You Work 24 New!
Saving a Presentation 26 New!
Saving a Presentation with Different Formats 28 New!
Saving a Presentation to Online Services 30 New!
Working with Accounts 31 New!
Recovering a Document 32
Closing a Presentation and Exiting PowerPoint 34 New!
2 Developing Presentation Content 35
Creating New and Consistent Slides 36 New!
Working with Objects 38 New!
Developing Text 40 New!
Entering Text 42
Editing Text 44
Setting Editing Options 45 New!
Correcting Text While Typing 46
Undoing and Redoing an Action 48
Resizing Text While Typing 50
Inserting Information the Smart Way 52
Inserting and Developing an Outline 54
Moving and Indenting Text 56
Setting Tabs 58
Changing Text Alignment and Spacing 60
Changing Character Spacing 62
Changing Character Direction 63
Formatting Text 64
Modifying a Bulleted and Numbered List 66
AutoFormatting Text While Typing 68
Applying a Format Sty