Highly Commended Award - People, Culture & Management Book at the 2022 Business Book AwardsThe Performance Management Playbook takes the stress out of managing people. This practical book coversthe must-have conversations from daily feedback to annual pay reviews; from dealingwith poor performance to setting challenging expectations.With 15 conversation guides to improve yourconfidence in managing performance, numerous activities to make you and yourteam less stressed, happier and more productive, as well as toolkits to helpyou improve performance now, no matter what appraisal process your organisationhas in place, this book makes it easy to dip in and develop great performanceconversations specific to the challenges you face.Learn from 25 real world examples: from global and local organisations; from 100employees to over a million; from sectors as varied as financial services,transport, technology, central and local government, TV production, mining,healthcare and construction.The Performance Management Playbook will help you move from anxiety-ridden one-off appraisals to morerewarding regular and meaningful conversations about performance.
Section 1 – Focus your team on what really matters
1. Why bother with performance management?
2. How to move from annual appraisals to regular performance conversations all year round
3. How to shape and define your team’s purpose
4. WHAT really matters? How to turn strategy into action for each employee
5. HOW to use values, behaviours and competencies to improve employee performance
Section 2 – Maximise the talent of your team
6. Motivating your team
7. The employee experience: what else can you use to drive high performance?
Section 3 – Deliver results
8. Performance conversations – the skills to make them brilliant
9. How to use data to empower your employees to own their performance
10. Maintaining momentum and success