This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Need answers quickly? Office 2013 on Demand provides those answers in a visual step-by-step format. We will show you exactly what to do through lots of full color illustrations and easy-to-follow instructions.
Inside the Book
• Office: Organize information and add impact with online pictures and video, SmartArt diagrams, tables, and charts
• Word: Create great-looking documents using themes, templates, and video
• Excel: Use organizing, processing, and presenting tools to quickly create data tables and charts
• PowerPoint: Create powerful presentations faster using ready-made design templates and themes
• Access: Use full-featured templates and application parts to create desktop and web app databases.
• Outlook: Use tools for creating and managing your e-mail, calendar, contacts, and tasks
• Publisher: Use ready-made design templates to quickly create a brochure or a newsletter
• Office Web Apps: View and edit your Office documents in a browser
• Online Sharing: Save, open, and share Office documents on Skydrive and Office 365 SharePoint from all your devices
• Prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist exam
Bonus Online Content
Register your book at queondemand.com to gain access to:
• Workshops and related files
• Keyboard shortcuts
Visit the author site: perspection.com
• Online Workshops that focus on real-world techniques
• MOS Exam Prep
• More than 700 of the most essential Office 2013 tasks
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 3 and Index)
1 Getting Started with Office 1
Starting an Office Program 2 New!
Viewing an Office Program Window 3 New!
Using the Ribbon 4 New!
Choosing Commands 5 New!
Working with the Ribbon and Toolbars 6
Choosing Dialog Box Options 8
Using the Status Bar 9
Creating a Blank Office Document 10 New!
Creating a Document Using a Template 11 New!
Opening an Existing Office Document 12 New!
Converting an Existing Office Document 14 New!
Using Task and Window Panes 15
Arranging Windows 16 New!
Switching Views 18
Documenting Properties 19
Getting Help While You Work 20 New!
Saving an Office Document 22 New!
Saving an Office Document with Different Formats 24 New!
Saving an Office Document to Online Services 26 New!
Working with Accounts 27 New!
Checking Compatibility 28
Checking Accessibility 29
Recovering an Office Document 30
Closing a Document and Exiting Office 32 New!
2 Using Shared Office Tools 33
Editing Text 34
Copying and Moving Text 36
Finding and Replacing Text 38
Correcting Text Automatically 40
Inserting Information the Smart Way 42
Checking Spelling 44
Changing Proofing Options 45
Using Custom Dictionaries 46
Inserting Symbols 47
Finding the Right Words 48
Inserting Research Material 49
Translating Text to Another Language 50
Using Multiple Languages 51
Undoing and Redoing an Action 52
Zooming the View In and Out 53
Previewing a Document 54
Printing a Document 55