- Copyright 2021
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 744
- Edition: 7th
- ISBN-10: 0-13-682441-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-682441-1
Easy, clear, readable, and focused on what you want to do.
Step-by-step instructions for the tasks you care about most.
Large, full-color, close-up photos with callouts to iPhone photos that show you exactly what to do.
Common-sense help when you run into iPhone problems or limitations.
Tips and notes to help you get the most from your iPhone.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your iPhone working just the way you want. The tasks include how to:
- Connect to the Internet, Bluetooth devices, Wi-Fi networks, and other iPhones and iPads; take advantage of AirDrop to instantly share with other iOS, iPadOS, and Mac users around you
- Use Siri to get information, write texts and emails, set reminders/appointments, and morejust by speaking to your iPhone
- Customize your iPhone with folders, wallpaper, ringtones, and much more
- Use iCloud, Google, and other cloud services to have consistent calendar, contact, and other information on all your devices
- Communicate via phone calls, FaceTime videoconferences, conference calls, text, email, and more
- Take advantage of the Messages app to instantly communicate with just about anyone, anywhere; send and receive photos and videos with a few simple taps
- Get the most out of Safari to browse the Web and Mail to manage all your email from one Inbox
- Use the Wallet app to manage boarding passes and loyalty cards; pay for purchases safely and securely with Apple Pay; and use other great iPhone apps
- Capture and edit photos and video; use great camera features such as telephoto zoom, portrait mode, burst photos, time-lapse and slow-motion video, and Live Photos
- View your photos in Memories and use them for wallpaper and for your contacts or share them via email, AirDrop, or texts; use iCloud to automatically save your photos
- Find, download, install, and use iPhone apps to help you travel, get information, keep in touch, have fun, and more
Table of Contents
*To be updated* TOC from 2019 Edition (6th edition)
Chapter 1: Getting to Know Your iPhone
Chapter 2: Getting Started with Your iPhone
Chapter 3: Using Your iPhones Core Features
Chapter 4: Setting Up and Using an Apple ID, iCloud, and Other Online Accounts
Chapter 5: Customizing Your iPhone with Apps
Chapter 6: Making Your iPhone Work for You
Chapter 7: Customizing How Your iPhone Looks
Chapter 8: Managing Contacts
Chapter 9: Communicating with the Phone and FaceTime Apps
Chapter 10: Sending, Receiving, and Managing Email
Chapter 11: Sending, Receiving, and Managing Texts and iMessages
Chapter 12: Managing Calendars
Chapter 13: Working with Siri
Chapter 14: Surfing the Web
Chapter 15: Taking Photos and Video with Your iPhone
Chapter 16: Viewing and Editing Photos and Video with the Photos App
Chapter 17: Working with Other Useful iPhone Apps and Features
Chapter 18: Maintaining and Protecting Your iPhone and Solving Problems