NEW TITLE RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT
See the latest about a temporary release delay on new titles. Learn more.
Multirate signal processing has recently witnessed a great deal of activity, with a wide range of applications in signal coding and compression, in image processing, multiresolution and wavelet analysis. Multirate Systems and Filter Banks is a completely up-to-date and in-depth treatment of the fundamentals as well as recent advancements in this field. This is a self-contained text providing both theoretical developments and design tools.
The book will form a basis for graduate courses in multitrate signal processing. Its encyclopedic nature also makes it a unique reference for researchers. The design methods and examples provide a valuable source of information for the practicing professional.
The text contains over 400 illustrations. There are many well-chosen examples and design-examples, and over 300 problems to be solved.
2. Review of Discrete-Time Systems
3. Review of Digital Filters
4. Fundamentals of Multirate Systems
5. Maximally Decimated Filter Banks
6. Paraunitary Perfect Reconstruction Filter Banks
7. Linear Phase Perfect Reconstruction QMF Banks
8. Cosine Modulated Filter Banks
9. Finite Word Length Effects
10. Multirate Filter Bank Theory and Related Topics
11. The Wavelet Transform and Relation to Multirate Filter Banks
12. Multidimensional Multirate Systems
13. Review of Discrete-Time Multi-Input Multi-Output LTI Systems
14. Paraunitary and Lossless Systems