PRODUCT SUPPORT ANNOUNCEMENT
See the latest about COVID-19 shipping availability and video/Web Edition load errors. Learn more.
Be calm, be present, be mindful.
Mindfulness for Busy People 2/e will show you how to apply the transformative power of mindfulness to your busy life, helping you to de-stress, find your own unique space of calm, and ready yourself for whatever challenges you face.
Helping you to cultivate and practice mindfulness straight away, you’ll discover:
· A no-nonsense, light-hearted, and clear introduction to mindfulness and its benefits
· Unique and clever ‘I-haven’t-got-time-for-this’ exercises that you can do anywhere, anytime
· A fulfilling way to feel less stressed with immediate effect
· A new found confidence, resilience and a greater sense of optimism
· Improved focus, energy, efficiency and creativity
Feel calm, confident and in control – whatever you’re doing, wherever you are.
Endorsements MFBP 2e
· “Mindfulness has probably become more popular in concept than in practice these days. So many of us could benefit from training our attention and our self-compassion, if we could just find practical ways to integrate mindfulness into our daily lives and busy schedules. These authors provide the practical tools that you need to actually put mindfulness into practice, and to benefit from transforming your mind, without having to pack up to live in the mountains. This book is fun, usable, and helpful.”
Dennis Tirch, author of The Compassionate Mind Guide to Overcoming Anxiety
· “Mindfulness can be elusive... The "I'm too busy" thoughts show up and get in the way. The trick is to bring brief respites of mindfulness into a multitude of simple tasks we do each day. In this second edition of their wonderful book the authors have added, updated and upgraded ideas for bringing the power of mindfulness into our busy worlds. Get it and reap the benefits of simple mindfulness.”
Kevin Polk, Ph.D., Psychologist and ProSocial Matrix Trainer
· “The great thing is, we can all be a lot more mindful, even if we’re way too busy to meditate. This little gem of a book gives you a wealth of simple strategies to easily bring mindfulness into everyday life - thereby making it a lot more satisfying and lot less stressful.”
Russ Harris, author of The Happiness Trap
· “One go-to question in mindfulness is: What did you notice? Going through this wonderful book, I noticed how simple and concrete it made the practice of mindfulness. I noticed thoughts about wishing I had come across this book when I first encountered mindfulness some 18 years ago. Then, I noticed warm feelings toward the compassionate humanity of Mike Sinclair, Josie Seydel and Emily Shaw that shines through each page. The next thing I noticed was loving how this new edition delves on self-compassion and offers more on how mindfulness can help us identify, choose and embody our deepest life values. Finally, I noticed the judgment that this book isn’t just for busy people, but for anyone interested in living more effectively and learning how to befriend the whole of their experience.”
Benjamin Schoendorff, co-author of The Science of Compassion and The Essential Guide to the ACT Matrix.
· “Fun, engaging and practical - this book is elegantly written by experts to help you learn the skills of mindfulness - and to apply them to this busy, stressful, modern world we live in.”
Dr Joe Oliver, Director of Contextual Consulting and co-author of ACTivate Your Life.
· “Accessible, actionable, insightful and user-friendly. This book will help even the busiest of people find more contentment, joy, calm and connection especially on the busiest of days.”
Aisling Leonard-Curtin, Chartered Psychologist, Co-director ACT Now Purposeful Living & author of The Power of Small
· “A lot of people would like to learn to live more mindfully, but feel they simply don't have the time. The second edition of Mindfulness for Busy People shows us how to bring the benefits of mindfulness into the busiest of lives."
Russell Kolts, Ph.D. Professor of Psychology, Eastern Washington University, and co-author of Living with an Open Heart: How to Cultivate Compassion in Everyday Life
· “Having read this new edition, I doubt I will ever again notice my mind telling me “I’d better watch the time” without recalling the “watch your watch” meditation - just one of a plethora of mini life practice suggestions in this accessible self-helper that contribute to busting through the self-inflicted aspect of the trance of ‘too busy’ness.”
Marin Wilks, Chartered Psychologist, Mindfulness Teacher & Peer-Reviewed ACT Trainer
· “Read, practice and feel the rewards - this accessible book has the power to change your life.”
Dr Mary Welford, author of Compassionate Mind Approach to Building Self-Confidence and Compassion Focused Therapy for Dummies
· "This book is an incredibly practical guide to reducing stress and boosting your effectiveness through mindfulness."
Dr Rob Yeung, chartered psychologist and author of Confidence 2.0: The New Science of Self-Confidence.