- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-6380-7
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-6380-0
Customize your implementation of My Site in Microsoft SharePoint 2010—and capture the enthusiasm for social networking in your organization. With this concise, practical guide, SharePoint expert Michael Doyle shows you how to modify key My Site features to meet specific business needs. You’ll learn how to apply best practices, tackle hard-to-solve problems—and create a valuable sense of community for your employees. It’s the ideal quick reference for IT and business professionals alike.
Take charge of social networking opportunities with a custom My Site solution!
- Set up My Site user profiles with Active Directory data
- Help users share ideas, documents, and personal information
- Create several My Site hosts to serve distinct audiences
- Establish unified profiles across multiple SharePoint farms
- Apply your company's look and feel with themes
- Determine a user content quota to avoid taxing your database
- Manage metadata to keep user tags consistent on each site
- Edit profile properties to personalize the Twitter widget
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: What's New in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 My Sites?
- Chapter 2: The User Profile Service
- Chapter 3: Setting Up My Sites
- Chapter 4: Multiple Farms and My Sites
- Chapter 5: Customizing My Site Navigation
- Chapter 6: Modifying the My Site Host
- Chapter 7: Organizational Charts
- Chapter 8: Tags and Notes
- Chapter 9: Site Membership
- Chapter 10: Colleagues
- Chapter 11: Profile Properties
- Chapter 12: People Search
- Chapter 13: Outlook Integration
- Chapter 14: Personal Sites