- Hands-on, scenario-focused, and 100% practical
- Updated for Excel 2016's newest functionality: new charts, FORECAST capability, PowerMap, and more
- New spreadsheet models help beginner-to-intermediate Excel users move to more advanced techniques
- Adds 150+ new problems with solutions
- Copyright 2017
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 864
- Edition: 5th
- ISBN-10: 1-5093-0421-5
- ISBN-13: 978-1-5093-0421-9
- ISBN-10: 1-5093-0424-X
- ISBN-13: 978-1-5093-0424-0
Master business modeling and analysis techniques with Microsoft Excel 2016, and transform data into bottom-line results. Written by award-winning educator Wayne Winston, this hands on, scenario-focused guide helps you use Excel’s newest tools to ask the right questions and get accurate, actionable answers. This edition adds 150+ new problems with solutions, plus a chapter of basic spreadsheet models to make sure you’re fully up to speed.
Solve real business problems with Excel—and build your competitive advantage
- Quickly transition from Excel basics to sophisticated analytics
- Summarize data by using PivotTables and Descriptive Statistics
- Use Excel trend curves, multiple regression, and exponential smoothing
- Master advanced functions such as OFFSET and INDIRECT
- Delve into key financial, statistical, and time functions
- Leverage the new charts in Excel 2016 (including box and whisker and waterfall charts)
- Make charts more effective by using Power View
- Tame complex optimizations by using Excel Solver
- Run Monte Carlo simulations on stock prices and bidding models
- Work with the AGGREGATE function and table slicers
- Create PivotTables from data in different worksheets or workbooks
- Learn about basic probability and Bayes’ Theorem
- Automate repetitive tasks by using macros
Follow the instructions to download this book's companion content. Part 1 includes files from Chapters 1-45; Part 2 contains files from Chapters 46-89.
Download Part 1
Download Part 2
- Click the Download button below to start the download.
- If prompted, click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Basic spreadsheet modeling
Chapter 2 Range names
Chapter 3 Lookup functions
- Chapter 4 The INDEX function
Chapter 5 The MATCH function
Chapter 6 Text functions
- Chapter 7 Dates and date functions
Chapter 8 Evaluating investment by using net present value criteria
Chapter 9 Internal rate of return
Chapter 10 More Excel financial functions
Chapter 11 Circular references
Chapter 12 IF statements
Chapter 13 Time and time functions
Chapter 14 The Paste Special command
We've made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this book and its companion content. Any errors that have been confirmed since this book was published can be downloaded below.
Download the errata