Accessible from your Account page after purchase. Requires the free QuickTime Player software.
Videos can be viewed on: Windows 8, Windows XP, Vista, 7, and all versions of Macintosh OS X including the iPad, and other platforms that support the industry standard h.264 video codec.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
40+ hours of video instruction.
The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Java™ SE 7 and SE 8 development with the powerful Java™ platform
Written for programmers with a background in high-level language programming, this LiveLesson applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching programming and explores the Java™ language and Java™ APIs in depth. The LiveLesson presents concepts in the context of fully tested programs, not code fragments. The LiveLesson features hundreds of complete Java™ programs with thousands of lines of proven Java™ code, and hundreds of tips that will help you build robust applications.
What you Will Learn
Start with an introduction to Java™ using an early classes and objects approach, then rapidly move on to more advanced topics, including GUI, graphics, exception handling, lambdas, streams, functional interfaces, object serialization, concurrency, generics, generic collections, JDBC™ and more. You’ll enjoy Deitels’ classic treatment of object-oriented programming and the object-oriented design ATM case study, including a complete Java™ implementation. When you’re finished, you’ll have everything you need to build industrial-strength object-oriented Java™ SE 7 and SE 8 applications.
Practical, Example-Rich Coverage of:
• Java™ SE 7 and SE 8
• Lambdas, Streams, Functional Interfaces with Default and Static Methods
• Classes, Objects, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Interfaces
• Swing and JavaFX GUIs; Graphics
• Integrated Exception Handling
• Files, Streams, Object Serialization
• Multithreading and Concurrency for Optimal Multi-Core Performance
• Generics and Generic Collections
• Database (JDBC™, SQL and JavaDB)
• Using the Debugger and the API Docs
• Industrial-Strength, Object-Oriented Design ATM Case Study and more.
Who should take this course?
Programmers experienced in a high-level programming language and interested in building industrial-strength applications in Java
Download the source code associated with this LiveLesson.