This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Easily Unlock the Power of Your iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone
March 21, 2016 Update: A new iPhone SE and a new iPad Pro 9.7" were announced today by Apple. The content of this book is applicable to these new devices.
Discover hundreds of tips and tricks you can use right away with your iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone to maximize its functionality. Learn how to use iOS 9 and utilize your Apple mobile device as a powerful communication, organization, and productivity tool, as well as a feature-packed entertainment device.
Using an easy-to-understand, nontechnical approach, this book is ideal for beginners and more experienced users who want to discover how to use the iOS operating system with iCloud, and the latest versions of popular apps. This book covers all the latest iPhone and iPad models, including the iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6s Plus, as well as the latest iPad Air and iPad mini models and iPad Pro.
Here’s just a sampling of what the tips, tricks, and strategies offered in this book will help you accomplish:
• Discover how to use the new News, Wallet, iCloud Drive, and updated Music apps that come preinstalled with iOS 9.
• Discover how to take visually impressive photos, and then edit and share them using the redesigned Photos app.
• Learn secrets for using preinstalled apps, such as Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Maps, Notes, Safari, Mail, Health, iBooks, and Music.
• Synchronize files, documents, data, photos, and content with iCloud, your computer, and/or your other iOS mobile devices.
• Learn how to interact with your tablet or phone using Siri or the new “Hey Siri” feature.
• Stay in touch with your friends and family using social networking apps, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Discover the latest calling features built in to the iPhone, such as Wi-Fi Calling.
• Learn about cutting-edge features, such as Apple Pay and Family Sharing, as well as device-specific features like Split-Screen, Slide Over, and Picture-in-Picture (newer iPad models), as well as Peek and Pop (iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus).
• Create and maintain a reliable backup of your iPhone or iPad using iCloud Backup.
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 13 and Index)
How to Upgrade from iOS 8 to iOS 9
Interacting with Your iPhone or iPad
Touchscreen Techniques You’ll Need to Master
How to Make the Best Use of the Virtual Keyboard
Take Advantage of the iPad’s New Display Options
Sometimes an Optional External Keyboard or Stylus Works Better
How to Turn the iPhone or iPad on or Off, Versus Placing It Into Sleep Mode
Discover What’s New In iOS 9
Apple Pay Offers a New Way to Pay for Things
Securing Your iOS Mobile Device with a Passcode
Find Your Lost or Stolen Device Using the Find My iPhone/iPad Feature
Maintain a Backup of Your Device
What This Book Offers
Chapter 1 Tips and Tricks for Customizing Settings
Using the Settings App
Main Options Available from the Settings App
Control Center Gives You Quick Access to Popular Features and Functions
Organize Apps on Your Home Screen with Folders
Moving App Icons Around on the Home Screen
Discover What’s Possible from the Lock Screen
Manage Your Customized Notification Center Screen
Chapter 2 Using Siri, Dictation, and Carplay to Interact with Your Mobile Device
What You Should Know Before Using Siri
Ways to Activate Siri
Discover How Siri Can Help You
Find, Display, or Use Information Related to Your Contacts
Initiate a Call
Set Up Reminders and To-Do Items
Read or Send Text Messages
Check the Weather or Your Investments
Find Information on the Web or Get Answers to Questions
Schedule and Manage Meetings and Events
Send Email and Access New (Incoming) Email
Set an Alarm or Timer
Get Directions Using the Maps App
Control the Music App
Forget Sticky Notes–Dictate Notes to Yourself
Siri Knows All About Sports, Movies, Entertainment, and Restaurants, Too
Practice (with Siri) Makes Perfect
Use Dictation Mode Instead of the Virtual Keyboard
Connect or Link Your iPhone to Your Car to Use the Carplay Feature
Chapter 3 Strategies for Finding, Buying, and Using Third-Party Apps
App Store Basics