Easily Unlock the Power of Your iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, or iPhone
Discover hundreds of tips and tricks you can use right away with your iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, or iPhone to maximize its functionality. Learn how to use iOS 10 (as well as iOS 10.1) and utilize your Apple mobile device as a powerful communications, organization, and productivity tool–as well as a feature-packed entertainment device, health and fitness tool, and intelligent remote control for your home’s various smart devices (such as its lightbulbs, thermostat, and door locks).
Using an easy-to-understand, nontechnical approach, this book is ideal for beginners and more experienced users alike who want to discover how to use the iOS operating system with iCloud and the latest versions of popular apps. This book covers all the latest iPhone and iPad models, including the iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus, as well as the latest iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad mini models.
Here’s just a sampling of what the tips, tricks, and strategies offered in this book will help you accomplish:
· Discover how to use the newly redesigned versions of the Messages, Music, News, and Notes apps that come preinstalled with iOS 10 and iOS 10.1.
· Learn how to take visually impressive photos, and then edit and share them using the updated Camera and Photos apps. (iPhone 7 Plus users also learn how to best utilize the new Portrait shooting mode.)
· Using the redesigned Maps app, transform your iPhone or iPad into a powerful GPS navigation device to obtain real-time, turn-by-turn driving, walking, or mass transit directions in cities around the world. Plus, access information about millions of businesses, services, and points of interest.
· Learn secrets for using other popular preinstalled apps, such as Contacts, Calendar, Reminds, Safari, Mail, Health, iBooks, Wallet, and Phone.
· Synchronize files, documents, data, photos, and content with iCloud, your computer, and your other iOS mobile devices.
· Learn how to interact with your tablet or phone using Siri and your voice.
· Discover the latest calling features built in to the iPhone, and learn how to forward your calls to your iPad or Mac with the improved Handoff feature.
· Learn about cutting-edge features, such as Apple Pay and Family Sharing, as well as device-specific features, such as Split-Screen, Slide Over, Picture-in-Picture, and Safari’s Split-Screen option (on the latest iPad models). Also learn how to use the expanded Peek and Pop menus and options offered on the latest iPhone models.
· Create and maintain a reliable backup of your iPhone or iPad using iCloud Backup.
Category: Apple Digital Media
User Level: Beginning-Intermediate
Chapter 1 Get Acquainted with Your iPhone or iPad
Charging It Up, and Getting Ready to Go
Turning Off or Putting to Sleep the iPhone or iPad
Upgrading from iOS 9 to iOS 10
Interacting with Your iPhone or iPad
Using the Virtual Keyboard
Taking Advantage of the iPad’s Display Options
Using an External Keyboard or Stylus
Securing Your iOS Mobile Device
Finding Your Lost or Stolen Device
Maintaining a Backup of Your Device
Chapter 2 Customize Your iPhone or iPad
Using the Settings App
Commonly Used Options Available from the Main Settings Menu
Working with Control Center
Organizing Apps in Folders
Moving App Icons Around on the Home Screen
Discovering What’s Possible from the Lock Screen
Managing Your Customized Notification Center Screen
Chapter 3 Say It and Make It So Using Siri
What You Should Know Before Using Siri
Helping Siri Get To Know You
Discovering How Siri Can Help You
Finding, Displaying, or Using Information Related to Your Contacts
Initiating a Call
Setting Up Reminders and To-Do Items
Reading or Sending Text Messages
Checking the Weather or Your Investments
Finding Information on the Web or Getting Answers to Questions
Scheduling and Managing Meetings and Events
Sending Email and Accessing New (Incoming) Email
Setting an Alarm or Timer
Getting Directions Using the Maps App
Controlling the Music
Dictating Notes to Yourself
Asking Siri About Sports, Movies, Entertainment, and Restaurants
Using Dictation Mode
Chapter 4 Find, Buy, and Use Third-Party Apps
Working with the App Store
Installing New Apps
Restoring or Reinstalling Apps You’ve Already Downloaded
Finding Apps, Music, and More
Everything You Need to Know About Apps
Understanding Device Compatibility
Quick Guide to App Pricing
What You Need To Know About App Pricing
Shopping with the App Store App
Quick Tips for Finding Apps
Keeping Your Apps Up to Date
Managing Your Ki