YOUR COMPLETE GUIDE TO STRATEGY. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.The Financial Times Guide to Strategy is your unbeatable reference on strategy. It offers an incisive overview of both corporate level and business unit level strategy, an A to Z of the world’s leading strategic thinkers and introduces the key strategic tools and techniques you need to develop your own strategy. Based on long experience and on conversations with leading strategists around the world, Richard Koch helps you discover each critical step in creating, delivering and understanding successful strategy. The fifth edition of this bestselling book is your easy-to-read, jargon-free guide to the strategic models and thinkers you really need to know about. Updated with new tools and examples, The Financial Times Guide to Strategy shows you which questions to ask, how to go about answering them, and then what action to take. This is the smartest and most readable strategy guide available anywhere.
1. The use and abuse of strategy
2. A brief history of strategy
3. Swings in strategic thinking: seven phases
4. Towards a synthesis
5. From quick and dirty strategy to nearly perfect strategy
PART ONE: BUSINESS UNIT STRATEGY
A do-it-yourself guide
2. What businesses are you in?
3. Where do you make the money?
4. How good are your competitive positions?
5. What skills and capabilities underpin your success?
6. Is this a good industry to be in?
7. What do the customers think?
8. What about the competitors?
9. How do you raise profits quickly?
10. How do you build long term value?
12. Addition note on the theory of Business Unit Strategy
PART TWO: CORPORATE STRATEGY
1.The joy of Corporate Strategy
2. An ecological view of Corporate Strategy
3. Five dimensions of Corporate Strategy
4. The strange power of the 35 word strategy
PART THREE: STRATEGIC THINKERS
PART FOUR: STRATEGIC CONCEPTS, TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES