- Copyright 2021
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-731158-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-731158-3
Master the core knowledge required to earn in-demand cybersecurity jobs with this video-based, online, certification training course. With this self-paced course, you'll get in-depth video lessons taught by industry experts, hands-on labs to build real-world experience with security solutions, and enough practice exams to fully prepare for the CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 exam.
The experiential labs included in this course provide first-hand training to build the skills required to assess and manage security risk, and monitor and secure hybrid environments.
Who should take this course
Skill level | Beginner to intermediate
- Anyone preparing to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 exam
- IT professionals looking to expand their cybersecurity skills and knowledge
- Anyone interested in learning security fundamentals
Course participants should have basic IT or cybersecurity experience. CompTIA recommends, but does not require, that candidates seeking Security+ certification have two years of experience in IT administration with a focus on security prior to taking the exam.
For an optimal course experience, we recommend using these browsers and devices.
- 23+ hours of training videos led by cybersecurity expert Sari Greene
- In-depth lessons covering each objective on the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) exam
- Hands-on labs that demonstrate completing tasks in real time to simulate real-world experience
- Self-study tools, such as flashcards to master key terms, and quizzes to self-assess your progress
- Four complete practice tests to ensure you're ready to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 exam with confidence
- 1 year of access*
What you'll learn
This Pearson IT Training Course covers the full range of topics found on the CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 exam, including but not limited to the following:
- Identifying and assessing security threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities (e.g., malware, application and network attacks, and vectors)
- Recognizing the importance of architecture and design (e.g., security concepts in an enterprise environment, virtualization, and cloud computing concepts)
- Implementing security solutions based on real-world scenarios (e.g., secure protocols, host or application solutions, secure network design, wireless and mobile solutions)
- Applying cybersecurity solutions to the cloud and utilizing Threat Intelligence Testing
- Implementing identity and account management controls, authenticating and authorizing solutions, and public key infrastructure
- Choosing appropriate operations and incident responses (e.g., policies, processes, procedures, and data sources to support investigations)
- Applying mitigation techniques and understanding key aspects of digital forensics
- Governance, risk, and compliance (e.g., risk management, privacy and sensitive data concepts)
Didn't pass your certification exam on your first try? We'll give you six months of additional access at no cost.
About Pearson IT Training Courses
Pearson IT Training Courses are complete and affordable packages of expert-led, self-paced courses designed to help you stand out with in-demand skills that take your career to the next level.
From learning to hands-on practice and application, our comprehensive certification prep courses ensure you are ready for exam success.