- Copyright 2018
- Dimensions: 216X135
- Pages: 296
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-292-13570-0
- ISBN-13: 978-1-292-13570-0
Business models are the beating heart of your firm's value proposition.
Great business models drive rapid growth; bad business models can doom the most promising ventures. Brilliant Business Models clearly shows you how to create, test, adapt, and innovate successful and appropriate business models in any business context.
Every company has a business model. When the business model works, the company creates value.
Brilliant Business Models combines the latest research, straightforward tools and current examples to bring this surprisingly tricky topic to life. Straightforward cases from the author's research and experience highlight key lessons. This book applies a novel, life-cycle based approach to make business models relevant to your company's development stage. Your company changes over time—so should your business model.
- Understand how and why business models matter to your organisations success
- Learn how to evaluate and test business models to identify the most appropriate model
- Use the business model life-cycle approach to keep your business model relevant and successful.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: The truth about business models
- 1. Business models in practice
- 2. A brief history of business models
- 3. There are no magic bullets
- Part 2: Business model architecture
- 4. Looking at your raw materials
- 5. Collecting and connecting your stakeholders - Customers, users, suppliers, purchasers, competitors
- 6. Solid structure - creating and capturing value in business models
- 7. Crafting compelling stories- the power of business model narratives
- 8. The business model life cycle
- Part 3: Business model change and innovation
- 9. When business models fail
- 10. Change and adaptation, Innovation and disruption
- 11. Back to the beginning
- Resources developed throughout the book:
- - 25 brilliant business model tips
- - 12 brilliant examples to highlight specific business model elements, designs, or innovations.
- - Links to online resources, including free online business model design sites; Links to short third-party videos covering specific business model topics