- Builds confidence and basic skills before moving on to more complex assignments.
- Ensures students have mastered the fundamental features and commands of the AutoCAD program before they apply it to more complex problems.
- Guides readers step-by-step through each new AutoCAD command.
- Encourages students to learn commands and features on their own.
- Provides over 100 exercises and projects.
- Gives students the opportunity to work with a variety of real-world situations, including both commercial and residential projects.
- Highlights seven projects: a tenant space, hotel room, wheelchair-accessible commercial bathroom, log cabin, two houses, and a bank.
- This includes the project floor plans, dimension plans, elevations, furniture plans, reflected ceiling plans and voice/data/power plans, as well as isometric drawings, a presentation sheet and the sheet set command that combines multiple plans.
- Includes a 15-unit condominium building as an exercise in Appendix C.
- Includes over 600 figures.
- Shows many drawings to scale so students can assess and check their understanding of chapter material.
- The DesignCenter is used to import blocks, layers, and dimension styles from other drawings into existing drawings.
- Splits solid modeling material into two chapters: Chapter 14: Solid Modeling, Chapter 15: Advanced Modeling.
- Uses the 3Dwalk and Animation Motion commands to create walk-through presentations.
- Copyright 2015
- Dimensions: 8-1/2" x 10-7/8"
- Pages: 744
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-314485-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-314485-7
AutoCAD 2015 for Interior Design and Space Planning helps students understand the commands and features of AutoCAD 2015 and demonstrates how to use the program to complete interior design and space planning projects. Covering both two- and three-dimensional drawings, the text provides abundant exercises that walk students step-by-step through the use of AutoCAD prompts and commands. Using numerous illustrations, the text captures the essence of this powerful program and the importance it plays in the interior design, architecture and space planning professions. Features include:
· Covers new AutoCAD 2015 interface
· Progresses from basic commands to complex drawing exercises.
· Provides over 100 exercises and projects.
· Highlights seven projects appropriate for interior design, space planning and architecture students.
· Includes coverage of the AutoCAD DesignCenter
· Covers solid modeling in two chapters
Table of Contents
- Part I: Preparing to Draw with AutoCAD
- 1. Introducing the AutoCAD User Interface
- Part II: Two-Dimensional AutoCAD
- 2. Quick-Start Tutorials: Basic Settings and Commands
- 3. Drawing with AutoCAD: Conference and Lecture Rooms
- 4. Adding Text and Tables to the Drawing
- 5. Advanced Plotting: Using Plot Styles, Paper Space, Multiple Viewports, and PDF Files.
- 6. Drawing the Floor Plan: Walls, Doors, and Windows
- 7. Dimensioning and Area Calculations
- 8. Drawing Elevations, Sections, and Details
- 9. Drawing the Furniture Installation Plan, Adding Specifications, and Extracting Data
- 10. Design Center, Autodesk Seek, Dynamic Blocks, and External References
- 11. Drawing the Reflected Ceiling Plan and Voice/Data/Power Plan
- 12. Creating Presentations with Layouts and Making a Style Sheet
- 13. Isometric Drawing and Gradient Hatch Rendering
- Part III: Three-Dimensional AutoCAD
- 14. Solid Modeling
- 15. Advanced Modeling
- Appendix A: Keyboard Shortcuts
- Appendix B: Shortcut and Temporary Override Keys
- Appendix C: Floor Plans and Interior Elevations of a 15-Unit Condominium Building