- Copyright 2018
- Dimensions: 216X138
- Pages: 360
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 1-292-25916-7
- ISBN-13: 978-1-292-25916-1
This business book is great for leaders, middle managers, entrepreneurs and anyone interested in:
"Although we are born with these seven skills, it is never too late to improve the way we use them in life and work. Everyone should buy this book and keep it by their bedside for reference. This way each of us can continually increase our happiness, success and well-being.”
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- SOFT SKILLS FOR THE FUTURE
- RESILIENCE & ADAPTABILITY
- Mark Swindell, Founder and CEO of Rock Rail"It has been a delight to work with Emma- Sue she has so much passion for what she does. Her workshop and book are excellent and particularly fit well with our core company values, definitely 7 key skills we need for our future!"
– Tanya Zuchowski Learning & Development Manager at CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP.“A great CV might open a door but these 7 skills will determine your future success and happiness - this gem of a book will help you to develop these essential work and life skills.”
Dr Lisa Day, Director of Studies Online MBA, University of Liverpool“Life is too important to live without some guidance – this book is THE guidance all of us need to flourish in work and beyond.”
University Professor Dr Sarah Mercer, Professor of Language Teaching at the University of Graz, Austria
Feeling in control over your life is crucial to success and wellbeing.
Our world is changing - so fast, so furiously, so ferociously - that to stand out you need to tap into your own resources and competences. Doing so puts you firmly back into the driving seat of your own life, enabling you to be happier, find and do work you love and have a true sense of purpose. But what are the key competences that you need?
7 Skills for the Future sets the scene for seven new soft skills that will propel you forward. Through a combination of scientific research, no-nonsense advice, practical exercises and case studies, this book shows you how to understand, develop and use:
- Adaptability - respond better to opportunities and change by being flexible and agile
- Critical thinking - think smarter, more resourcefully, creatively and collaboratively
- Empathy - nurture all your relationships by learning how to listen and be present
- Integrity - trust, values and honesty are the name of the game now as is authenticity
- Optimism - be the most positive person you know
- Being Proactive - respond rather than react and learn to reinvent yourself
- Resilience - make mistakes, bounce back, learn from experience and move on to the next challenge
By learning how to tap into these essential skills, and understanding how to put them into practice each day of our lives, we can be happier, more effective and abler to cope with change in an uncertain and exciting future.
Happy Reading, please do share your thoughts with us