- Covers the entire process of creating computer graphics with Autodesk 3ds Max 2014
- Gives a solid foundation of basic skills then teaches advanced techniques, including particles, effects, scene workflow, scripting, and more
- Teaches skills that can be used in film, TV, games, architectural design, and many other fields
- By leading computer artist, educator and author Stewart Jones
- Full color!
- Copyright 2014
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-672-33699-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-672-33699-7
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself 3ds Max in 24 Hours will help you master Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 and use it to create outstanding 3D content for games, video, film, and motion graphics. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master powerful 3ds Max tools for modeling, animation, rendering, compositing, and more. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common 3ds Max tasks.
“Try It Yourself” guided mini tutorials offer quick hands-on experience with 3ds Max’s key tools.
Quizzes and exercises test your knowledge.
Notes, tips, and cautions offer extra information and alert you to possible problems.
Learn how to...
- Quickly get comfortable with the 3ds Max 2014 interface
- Create, move, and modify 3D objects
- Edit and tweak the elements of any object
- Start modeling hard-surface and organic objects
- Work with materials and textures
- Explore and create animation
- Illuminate scenes with lighting
- Use cameras to control a scene’s point of view
- Render 3D creations for production
- Rig and skin objects, making them easier to animate
- Learn the 12 essential principles of character animation
- Create devastating dynamic simulations
- Add visual effects, cloth, hair, and fur
- Automate repetitive tasks with MAXScript
- Create a professional-quality showcase
The accompanying DVD/website contain how-to videos for dozens of key 3ds Max 2014 tasks, extensive sample art and models, and additional bonus content.
Please visit the author's site here
Online Sample Chapter
Illuminating Scenes Using Lights in 3ds Max
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 10 and Index)
Table of Contents
Hour 1: Introduction
Hour 2: Exploring the Interface
Hour 3: Navigating the Viewports
Hour 4: Primitives and Transforms
Hour 5: 3ds Max Modifiers
Hour 6: Sub-Object Exploration
Hour 7: 3D Modeling
Hour 8: Materials and Textures
Hour 9: Computer Animation
Hour 10: Illuminating Scenes Using Lights
Hour 11: Adding and Editing 3D Camera
Hour 12: Rendering for Production
Hour 13: Combining Techniques to Create a Showcase
Hour 14: Rigging Objects for Easier Animation
Hour 15: Influencing Geometry Using Skinning Techniques
Hour 16: Character Animation
Hour 17: Dynamic Simulations
Hour 18: Particles and Effects
Hour 19: Cloth, Hair, and Fur Creation
Hour 20: Mental Ray Rendering
Hour 21: 3ds Max Project Management Techniques
Hour 22: Combining Advanced Techniques to Create a Showcase
Hour 23: Scripting in 3ds Max Using MAXScript
Hour 24: Conclusion