This chapter is from the book
- Is running a network only a matter of network management technology, or are there other considerations?
- What does Pat's employer use to track the resolution of problems in the network?
- How does the integration of the work order system with the trouble ticket system make Pat's job easier?
- Which network provider do you think will be more vulnerable to human failures by operations personnel, Pat's or Chris's?
- Which of the following can be used as management tools? A. alarm management system, B. spreadsheet, C. pencil and piece of paper, D. all of them.
- In how many different places does Chris need to maintain the same phone number, and why could this be an issue?
- When Chris is worried about compromised security of his company's network, does the threat come from outside attackers or from within the network?
- Connectivity between different company sites is provided by an outside MSP. Why is Chris nevertheless concerned with monitoring traffic statistics across these outside connections?
- When Sandy wants to implement a security policy for the Internet Data Center, at what different levels does she take security into account?
- Why is Sandy interested in "old" performance data and traffic statistics, even though she is not monitoring actual network operations?