- Creating an HTML Page
- Creating an ASP.NET Page
- Opening Web Pages from Within a Web
- Navigating Web Pages
- Displaying Web Pages in the HTML Format
- Managing Web Pages
- Setting the Home Page
- Changing the Web Page Title
- Changing Web Page Properties
- Inserting Background Pictures and Watermarks
- Changing Background Colors
- Adding Background Sound
- Setting Page Size
- Previewing Web Pages
- Previewing and Printing Web Pages
- Exporting Web Content
- Creating a Page Template
- Using a Dynamic Page Template
- Creating a Master and Content Page
- Saving a Web Page with Different Formats
- Expression Web Formats
- Animating Page Transitions
Previewing Web Pages
Because each browser can display your site differently, you will want to examine your site using several of the most popular browser formats and different sizes. When you are ready to see how your page will look to visitors, click the Preview in Browser button arrow on the Common toolbar and then select a browser and a window size. When you select a browser, the program starts and displays your Web page as you would see it on the Web. If you want to add additional browsers to the list, you can select them using the Edit Browser List dialog box. You can also simulate the page size of a browser as you work in Design view by selecting different page sizes on the Page Sizes submenu on the View menu.
Add Browsers to the Preview
- Click the File menu, point to Preview in Browser, and then click Edit Browser List.
- Click Add.
The Add Browser dialog box opens.
- Type the browser’s name.
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the location where the browser program is stored, select it, and then click Open.
- Click OK.
- To automatically save a Web page before previewing, select the Automatically save page before previewing check box.
- To specify the window sizes you want, select the 640 × 480, 800 × 600, or 1024 × 768 check boxes.
- Click OK.
Preview a Web Page Using a Browser
- Open the Web page you want to preview.
- Click the Preview in Browser button arrow.
- Click the browser with the specific size you want to use to preview your site or page.