- Video: Fundamentals of Data Analytics with Python: Understanding Python's Graphics Data Exploration Tools
- In this excerpt from Fundamentals of Data Analytics in Python LiveLessons (Video Training), learn about Python's graphics data exploration tools.
- CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide: Switch Port Configuration
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide presents the various Ethernet network technologies used to establish switched connections within the campus network and also details the switch commands required for configuring and troubleshooting Ethernet LAN ports.
- Organizing Your Life with the iPad mini
- Use the iPad to organize your life with the default Contacts, Calendar, Notes, and Reminders apps. Gary Rosenzweig takes a close look at some of the things you can do with these apps in this chapter from My iPad mini, 3rd Edition.
- Understanding Asynchronous Programming in Node.js
- Jesse Smith discusses asynchronous programming, a fundamental concept in Node.js, and shows you how it differs from synchronous programming.
- HTML for Responsive Web Design
- Jennifer Kyrnin teaches you the basics of HTML so that you can put together a decent website and make it responsive, in this chapter from Responsive Web Design in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself.
- Mobile Security: Physical Location Tracking
- On the level of global commerce, we are addicted to devices. By the start of 2015, it is estimated there will be 3 billion Android devices in circulation around the world. Of those, there are roughly 19,000 distinct devices in operation. On the same accord, there are roughly 550 million active iOS devices globally with another few hundred million being phased out. As a global culture we love our mobile devices. Yet here is the thing, by all measures, our devices aren't all that secure. In both data and physicality, our devices have an operational tendency to betray us.
This said, a question: what is more worrisome, mobile data security risks or mobile device physical security risks?
- SEO 101: How to Search More Effectively
Google drives online life. There are roughly 40,000 global search queries every second. 40,000 search queries every second equates to roughly 3.5 billion global search queries per day. 3.5 billion search queries per day translates to roughly 1.2 trillion global search queries per year. As of the writing of this article 3:38 EST on 11/25/14, there have been 2.618 billion searches today.
Search is critical to online life. Like blood flowing in your veins, search is the life force of the Internet. And yet, no one ever tells you how to search. There are tips and tricks you can use to make your search queries more effective, more targeted. Below are some of those search tips.
- Business & Management
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization
- Graphics & Web Design
- Home & Office Computing
- Information Technology
- Mobile Application Development & Programming
- Open Source
- Operating Systems, Server
- Process Improvement
- Software Development & Management
- Web Development
- Web Services
Who is InformIT
We are the online presence for the world's leading technology publishers and your source for reliable and qualified content to help you do your job better.
- Addison-Wesley Professional
- Cisco Press
- IBM Press
- Pearson IT Certification
- Prentice Hall Professional
- Sams Publishing
- VMware Press
Connect with Us
Take advantage of special member promotions, everyday discounts, quick access to saved content, and more!