Learning Blender walks you through every step of creating an outstanding animated character with the free, open source, 3D software Blender, and then compositing it in a real video using a professional workflow. This is the only Blender tutorial to take you from preproduction to final result, and it's perfect for both 3D novices and those who've used other 3D Software.
- A Video Interview with Herb Sutter on C++ Standards
- Herb Sutter, the lead software architect for C++ at Microsoft, head of the ISO C++ standards committee, and co-author of C++ Coding Standards talks with Brian Overland about how the standards committee evaluates proposals, the importance of being egoless, how to submit a proposal to the standards committee, why the committee decided to update the standard every three years, and the adoption of C++ in cross-platform mobile apps.
- Using Models to Help Plan Tests in Agile Projects
- This chapter from More Agile Testing: Learning Journeys for the Whole Team looks at some foundations of agile test planning and how they are evolving.
- Why the Effectiveness Formula Is the Key to Productivity Improvement
- Randall W. Jensen, Ph. D., author of Improving Software Development Productivity: Effective Leadership and Quantitative Methods in Software Management, explains how to use the Effectiveness Formula to quantify and improve the expected productivity of any development company. If your organization isn't getting the kind of programmer performance you need, maybe the problem isn't your staff, but rather their working environment.
- AngularJS Fundamental Concepts for Building Web Applications: Part 3
- In Part 3 of a 4-part series, programming expert Jesse Smith shows you how to use web forms validation the easy way with AngularJS to validate and prepare data before posting to a database.
- A Video Interview with Andrei Alexandrescu on the D Programming Language
- Andrei Alexandrescu, author of The D Programming Language, answers Brian Overland's questions about D, how one can integrate D into an existing C++ code base, D compilers, the advantages of working with a large and comprehensive language, and where to go to learn more about D.
- How the Internet Works: A Call for Personal Security
It's very easy, after reading "The Snappening" Snapchat security breach news, to determine fault lies with users. It would be very easy and convenient to blame the leak not on the leakers, but on the users who sent sexually explicit materials to friends, lovers and strangers. This conclusion is easy to draw yet, it only skims the surface of the true issue at hand.
Whatever you think of the materials leaked, the larger issue at play in "The Snappening" is how the public relates to, understands and uses public Internet architectures. If anything, "The Snappening" should serve as a beacon call for greater Internet security practice enlightenment.
In this version of "How the Internet Works" we cover public Cloud architectures and the need for increased Internet security practices learning.
- Mobile Malware and Fake Apps: Hong Kong, China and The New York Times
For the past week or so, Hong Kong has erupted with peaceful demonstrations advocating for the ousting of the Chinese premiere and the right to peacefully and openly elect his replacement. While the Chinese premiere, Xi Jinping, looks to be going nowhere one thing has become clear - the mobile devices and Internet connections which helped to grow the nightly demonstrations are quietly suffering an inward meta problem - malware, viruses and fake applications.
As mobile platforms become more prominent and are used more robustly to organize, carry out financial transactions and conduct daily personal business, the time has come to address mobile malware and fake applications.
- Business & Management
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization
- Graphics & Web Design
- Home & Office Computing
- Information Technology
- Mobile Application Development & Programming
- Open Source
- Operating Systems, Server
- Process Improvement
- Software Development & Management
- Web Development
- Web Services
Who is InformIT
We are the online presence for the world's leading technology publishers and your source for reliable and qualified content to help you do your job better.
- Addison-Wesley Professional
- Cisco Press
- IBM Press
- Pearson IT Certification
- Prentice Hall Professional
- Sams Publishing
- VMware Press
- Treasure Chest of Six Sigma Growth Methods, Tools, and Best Practices
- Sale Price: $29.99
- You Save 63%
- Learn More
Connect with Us
Take advantage of special member promotions, everyday discounts, quick access to saved content, and more!