Phil Windley talks to Pollyanna Pixton and Niel Nickolaisen about their book, The Agile Culture: Leading through Trust and Ownership, why command and control management doesn't work with software teams, and why really trusting your team can make all the difference in your products, your work environment, and employee quality, satisfaction, and retention.
- First Sketches of an App
- In this chapter you’ll find a general strategic outlay for planning the design of a mobile application. Using the steps and techniques presented, you’ll be prepared for the different phases a design evolves through during its infancy, before a programmer writes the first lines of code.
- Java SE 8's New Language Features, Part 2: Predefined Functional Interfaces, Method References, and More
- Java 8 has significantly evolved the Java language by adding support for default and static methods to interfaces, by introducing lambda expressions and functional interfaces, and more. In Part 2 of a two-part series on Java 8 language features, Jeff Friesen introduces you to predefined functional interfaces, method references, enhanced generic type inference, and type annotations.
- Using Object-Oriented Features in Objective-C
- This chapter explains the messaging structure that is at the heart of Objective-C., using the common alloc and init methods as examples.
- Networking for VMware Administrators: The vSphere Standard Switch
- This chapter explains and describes the vSphere Standard Switch, the original recipe vSwitch included with every VMware license level. This switch includes many features to help shuffle traffic around your network.
- Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Going Heisenberg on iOS' NSNotificationCenters
- You may think your observers are well behaved, but are they? With modern block-based NSNotificationCenters, you may be leaking without ever realizing it. Erica Sadun shows how to clean things up.
- Heartbleed? You're too late.
Traenk offers a friendly reminder that this is shape of things to come...
- The IT List: What You Missed This Week on InformIT [4/4/14]
- With today's "connected life" running 24/7, we recognize it's hard to keep up with all your favorite websites and tech resources. The IT List is here to help you cut through the noise. Check back each Friday for a quick digest of articles, resources, promotions, and other goodies worth a first or second look on InformIT.
- Business & Management
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization
- Graphics & Web Design
- Home & Office Computing
- Information Technology
- Mobile Application Development & Programming
- Open Source
- Operating Systems, Server
- Process Improvement
- Software Development & Management
- Web Development
- Web Services
Who is InformIT
We are the online presence for the world's leading technology publishers and your source for reliable and qualified content to help you do your job better.
- Addison-Wesley Professional
- Cisco Press
- IBM Press
- Pearson IT Certification
- Prentice Hall Professional
- Sams Publishing
- VMware Press
Take advantage of special member promotions, everyday discounts, quick access to saved content, and more!