In this excerpt from Art of Computer Programming, Volume 3: Sorting and Searching, 2nd Edition, Donald E. Knuth examines several properties of permutations and considers the general case where equal elements are allowed to appear. In the course of this study you will learn a good deal about combinatorial mathematics.
- Introducing NoSQL and MongoDB
- In this chapter from NoSQL with MongoDB in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself, learn about the design considerations to review before deciding how to implement the structure of data and configuration of a MongoDB database. You'll also learn which design questions to ask and then how to explore the mechanisms built into MongoDB to answer those questions.
- CCIE Security v4.0 Quick Reference: Application and Infrastructure Security
- This chapter from CCIE Security v4.0 Quick Reference, 3rd Edition covers HTTP, HTTPS, Simple Mail Transfer, Protocol, File Transfer Protocol, Domain Name System, and Trivial File Transfer Protocol.
- Hit the Ground Running with MongoDB and Python
- Stephen B. Morris describes how to get started with MongoDB and Python. As usual with Python, you can get productive quickly, without worrying about complex IDEs. MongoDB has a simple data model and easy-to-understand semantics, giving you a handy on-ramp to this interesting technology.
- Create Your First Arduino Program
- Write your first program and watch it work! In this excerpt from Arduino Programming in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself, learn how to use the Arduino IDE software package to create, compile, and upload an Arduino program. You then learn how to interface your Arduino with external electronic circuits to complete your Arduino projects.
- 1830 wasn't so long ago
My family and I had a meal in Pigeon Forge, in an old mill building that's quite old, in an area settled in 1830. Walking in with a MacBook Pro certainly seemed odd to some, but no one noticed my phone offering tethering rights. And so it was that I posted a blog in a building that dated back 160 or more years ago.
- I’m ready, but the United State’s infrastructure is not.
I’m outside the Cades Cove visitor’s center, hearing acoustical instruments like bangos and hammered dulcimers play. I have my MacBook Pro, alive—charged and ready. My phone is charged and ready and has a tethering plan, just begging to be used.
I am signal-less.
- Business & Management
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization
- Graphics & Web Design
- Home & Office Computing
- Information Technology
- Mobile Application Development & Programming
- Open Source
- Operating Systems, Server
- Process Improvement
- Software Development & Management
- Web Development
- Web Services
Who is InformIT
We are the online presence for the world's leading technology publishers and your source for reliable and qualified content to help you do your job better.
- Addison-Wesley Professional
- Cisco Press
- IBM Press
- Pearson IT Certification
- Prentice Hall Professional
- Sams Publishing
- VMware Press
- Game Development Essentials with Unity 4 LiveLessons
- Sale Price: $59.99
- You Save 60%
- Learn More
Take advantage of special member promotions, everyday discounts, quick access to saved content, and more!