- Creating IronPython Desktop Applications Using .NET Components
- Jesse Smith shows you how to create a simple IronPython desktop application using .NET Framework components and the IronPython runtime library. Being able to build a Pythonic application while using the .NET Framework for the interface and other potential functionality makes your application much less complex and easier to maintain.
- Building iOS Applications with Swift: A Q&A with BJ Miller
- BJ Miller, author of Sams Teach Yourself Swift in 24 Hours, and Pearson Senior Acquisitions Editor Trina MacDonald discuss how Apple’s Swift programming language makes it easier for new iOS developers to build their first iOS applications.
- How to Build Solar-Powered Robots
- In this chapter from Robot Builder: The Beginner's Guide to Building Robots, you'll learn about how to use solar panels in your robot projects, including an introduction to breadboarding, which is a cool way of temporarily constructing circuits. You'll also build two sweet projects. The first is a solar-powered battery charger, and the second is a simple robot that is entirely powered by sunlight.
- Getting Started with AV Foundation
- Learning to use AV Foundation is the key to building the next generation of media applications for Mac OS X and iOS. This chapter from Learning AV Foundation: A Hands-on Guide to Mastering the AV Foundation Framework provides you with an introduction to the AV Foundation framework, where it fits into Apple's media environment and the capabilities it provides.
- Introduction to Help Desk Support Roles
- This chapter from Effective Help Desk Specialist Skills introduces the support center, help desk professionals, users, and incidents (or problems) in four major sections: Understanding the Support Center, The Role of the Help Desk Professional, Understanding Users, and Typical Incident Process.
- Free Visual Studio?
Just got notice that Microsoft is making a full-featured version of Visual Studio available--for free. Traenk is happy.
- 15 Critical SEO Terms
When you are new to any field, part of playing catch-up is learning the lexicon. Like any other field, SEO -Search Engine Optimization - is full of terminology which might seem like another language yet will prove critical to your ability to carry out everyday tasks of the professional SEO.
With this said, here is a list of 15 Critical SEO Terms which you need to know.
- Business & Management
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization
- Graphics & Web Design
- Home & Office Computing
- Information Technology
- Mobile Application Development & Programming
- Open Source
- Operating Systems, Server
- Process Improvement
- Software Development & Management
- Web Development
- Web Services
Who is InformIT
We are the online presence for the world's leading technology publishers and your source for reliable and qualified content to help you do your job better.
- Addison-Wesley Professional
- Cisco Press
- IBM Press
- Pearson IT Certification
- Prentice Hall Professional
- Sams Publishing
- VMware Press
Connect with Us
Take advantage of special member promotions, everyday discounts, quick access to saved content, and more!