C++ for the Impatient offers both the quickest way for busy programmers to learn the latest features of the C++ language and a handy resource for quickly finding answers to specific language questions. Designed to give you the most accurate and up-to-date information you require fast and to the point, this book is also an essential guide to the new C++11 standard, including advanced uses of the C++ standard library.
- Dealing with Digital Photos
- Windows 8 comes with some tools that help you view and perform some basic and helpful photo-related tasks. This chapter provides you with the details.
- Windows 8 Touch On the Cheap
- Ed Tittel explains why you may not need a touch display to take advantage of touch in Windows 8.
- Building Basic Formulas in Excel 2013
- This chapter takes you through some formula basics, including constructing simple arithmetic and text formulas, understanding the all-important topic of operator precedence, copying and moving worksheet formulas, and making formulas easier to build and read by taking advantage of range names.
- Understanding QuickBooks Lists
- This chapter explains Quickbooks' Chart of Accounts and other lists available to help analyze your business.
- Building Your I.T. Career: Breaking In to I.T.
- This chapter discusses methods you can use to break past the “need experience to get experience” barrier in the I.T. field.
- Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process
- Kenny Rubin discusses key topics from his latest book, Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process.
- Essential Scrum: Change Management Requirements in Agile VS Traditional
- Kenny Rubin presents a tip on change management requirements in Agile VS Traditional, from his book, Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process.
- Essential Scrum: Product Backlog Grooming
- Kenny Rubin shares his thoughts on product backlog grooming, from his latest book, Essential Scrum.
- The Laid Off IT Guy! Mentoring Future IT Employees
I have benefitted my entire career from mentoring. I have also helped young men and women looking to get started in the career of Information Technology by mentoring them. When I have had the pleasure of that opportunity I like to explain that I believe that IT today is broken down into four categories.
- The Laid Off IT Guy! Be a Lifelong Learner
I suppose that there are those that believe that they learned everything that they needed to know in life in high school or college. I tend to think that you make yourself a more well-rounded individual by continually updating your professional education by attending seminars, reading books and taking classes. One of my goals is to be a lifelong learner.
- Business & Management
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization
- Graphics & Web Design
- Home & Office Computing
- Information Technology
- Mobile Application Development & Programming
- Open Source
- Operating Systems, Server
- Process Improvement
- Software Development & Management
- Web Development
- Web Services
Who is InformIT
We are the online presence for the world's leading technology publishers and your source for reliable and qualified content to help you do your job better.
- Addison-Wesley Professional
- Cisco Press
- IBM Press
- Pearson IT Certification
- Prentice Hall Professional
- Sams Publishing
- VMware Press
- C# 2010 Fundamentals I, II, and III LiveLessons (Video Training)
- Sale Price: $124.99
- You Save 50%
- Learn More
Take advantage of special member promotions, everyday discounts, quick access to saved content, and more!