Sondra Ashmore and Kristin Runyan introduce their book, Introduction to Agile Methods, the place to start for students and professionals who want to understand Agile and become conversant with Agile values, principles, framework, and processes.
- Organizational Culture Considerations with Agile
- The organizational culture impacts to an Agile transformation are profound. Successful implementations need support from the team members, management, and executives to embrace new ways of completing work and collaborating. Every role in the organization will be affected in some way, and by understanding what is different and what drives success in each role, we are better positioned for the increase in productivity, responsiveness, and customer satisfaction that can be delivered by becoming Agile.
- Improving the Design and Implementation of Object-Oriented Code: The Ongoing Quest for Data Integrity
- Matt Weisfeld, author of The Object-Oriented Thought Process, Fourth Edition, travels through time to show the evolution of accessor methods to improve data security and integrity in both structured programming and object-oriented programming. Along the way, we learn about the mechanisms in place today to help produce robust and secure code.
- Strategies for App Development Success: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
- Carl Brown details the numerous steps within the app development process when things can go horribly wrong -- and provides some tips about what can be done about them.
- Cisco ASA Licensing
- This chapter discusses license mechanisms for the Cisco ASA's advanced security features that add additional layers of protection or accommodate more complex network designs.
- Database Development: Comparing Python and Java ORM Performance
- Stephen B. Morris draws a comparison between two approaches to ORM-centric database development. One is based on the Python SQLAlchemy ORM tools, and the other uses standard Java JPA. Which is better? The result of comparing a simple use case for both languages is quite surprising.
- Why Open Source Matters: Musings from OSCON
With OSCON taking place in Oregon from 7/20/2014 – 7/24/2014, the Open Source community will come together to discuss everything new in the Open Source world. From OSS to Java, Python to PHP, Cloud Computing to Perl and emerging programming languages to mobile platforms, the Open Source community has a lot to chat about.
This said, I wanted to take the time to discuss why the Open Source initiative matters by highlighting a few key elements of the protocol which help to make it so powerful.
- Five Reasons to Advance Your Developer and Programming Skills
Much to the opposite of everything you told your mom for years, you don’t know everything. Knowledge is power. As a programmer, as a developer, as a new coding student or a seen it all hacker, you can always beef up your dev skills. For that reason, here at the top five reasons why you should advance your programming skills with the InformIT 50% Off Developer Video Training event.
- Business & Management
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization
- Graphics & Web Design
- Home & Office Computing
- Information Technology
- Mobile Application Development & Programming
- Open Source
- Operating Systems, Server
- Process Improvement
- Software Development & Management
- Web Development
- Web Services
Who is InformIT
We are the online presence for the world's leading technology publishers and your source for reliable and qualified content to help you do your job better.
- Addison-Wesley Professional
- Cisco Press
- IBM Press
- Pearson IT Certification
- Prentice Hall Professional
- Sams Publishing
- VMware Press
Take advantage of special member promotions, everyday discounts, quick access to saved content, and more!