- SharePoint 2013 "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) Best Practices
- As devices continue to be more advanced and major mobile carriers lower and/or offer near unlimited usage, the dividing lines between what is really a “corporate device” versus a “personal device” continue to blur. In a perfect world, users could use one device for both work and play but as we see in the news on a near weekly basis, information security is far from a perfect science .SharePoint expert Errin O’Connor brings insight into the “bring your own device” (BYOD) conundrum that so many organization face on a daily basis.
- Video: Paul Duvall on DevOps and AWS
- Paul Duvall, author of DevOps in AWS LiveLessons Video Training, talks about why video is great for learning DevOps, continuous integration, the difference between continuous delivery and continuous deployment, and what's so exciting about The Cloud.
- Fixing Windows Devices That Can't Start
- If you have a windows desktop or tablet that won't start, Mark Edward Soper will help you troubleshoot it, in this excerpt from The PC and Gadget Help Desk: A Do-It-Yourself Guide To Troubleshooting and Repairing. Mark covers BIOS configuration settings, Windows configuration issues, BIOS startup error messages and solutions, and Windows 7 and 8 error recovery and advanced boot options.
- On the 20th Anniversary of Design Patterns
- To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Design Patterns, we asked members of the community to comment on what the book and the patterns movement has meant to them. Here are their answers.
- Why Design Patterns Still Matter
- Matt Heusser explores where design patterns came from, shows why they matter, and argues that they're more relevant today than ever.
- Why Open Source Matters: Musings from All Things Open 2014
A few months back I wrote a post titled "Why Open Source Matters: Musings from OSCON 2014". The post covered five reasons why Open Source matters. Those reasons were/are:
- Code, Glitches and Open Source Security
- Open Source Software
- The Stringent Control of Proprietary Software
- The Endless Ability to Test, Play and Alter
While those reasons still ring true, I want to use this space to center in on another topic speaking to why Open Source and OSS matters more than ever: project management and time constraints.
- Risk Management Versus Vulnerability Analysis
Vulnerability Analysis is deceptively easy. Security Red Teaming requires more than that.
- Business & Management
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization
- Graphics & Web Design
- Home & Office Computing
- Information Technology
- Mobile Application Development & Programming
- Open Source
- Operating Systems, Server
- Process Improvement
- Software Development & Management
- Web Development
- Web Services
Who is InformIT
We are the online presence for the world's leading technology publishers and your source for reliable and qualified content to help you do your job better.
- Addison-Wesley Professional
- Cisco Press
- IBM Press
- Pearson IT Certification
- Prentice Hall Professional
- Sams Publishing
- VMware Press
Connect with Us
Take advantage of special member promotions, everyday discounts, quick access to saved content, and more!