- Introducing the Node.js-to-AngularJS Stack
- To get you off on the right foot, this chapter focuses on the fundamental components of the web development framework and then describes the components of the Node.js-to-AngularJS stack that is the basis for the rest of the book.
- iOS Developer's Cookbook: Visualizing Sprite Kit
- When working with Sprite Kit, determining exactly where items will appear and what size they'll occupy can be a tricky proposition. Here are a few tips to help you visualize the way your iOS Sprite Kit scenes are put together.
- Learn Socket Programming with Python
- Programming expert Jesse Smith shows you how to use Python to program socket applications. You will learn about the various socket types and how to apply them.
- Working with User Input Devices in the Windows Runtime
- In this chapter from Programming the Windows Runtime by Example: A Comprehensive Guide to WinRT with Examples in C# and XAML, you see how the WinRT APIs provide a common model for working with the various kinds of input pointer devices. This model provides a range of access, allowing you not only to obtain information about raw pointer events, but also to work with higher-level abstract gestures, depending on the needs of your app. You also see how you can access keyboard events from your code and obtain information about the user’s key presses.
- Preface to Introduction to Agile Methods
- Sondra Ashmore and Kristin Runyan introduce their book, Introduction to Agile Methods, the place to start for students and professionals who want to understand Agile and become conversant with Agile values, principles, framework, and processes.
- Five Reasons to Advance Your Developer and Programming Skills
Much to the opposite of everything you told your mom for years, you don’t know everything. Knowledge is power. As a programmer, as a developer, as a new coding student or a seen it all hacker, you can always beef up your dev skills. For that reason, here at the top five reasons why you should advance your programming skills with the InformIT 50% Off Developer Video Training event.
- The IT List: What You Missed This Week on InformIT [7/11/14]
With today's "connected life" running 24/7, we recognize it's hard to keep up with all your favorite websites and tech resources. The IT List is here to help you cut through the noise. Check back each Friday for a quick digest of articles, resources, promotions, and other goodies worth a first or second look on InformIT.
- Business & Management
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization
- Graphics & Web Design
- Home & Office Computing
- Information Technology
- Mobile Application Development & Programming
- Open Source
- Operating Systems, Server
- Process Improvement
- Software Development & Management
- Web Development
- Web Services
Who is InformIT
We are the online presence for the world's leading technology publishers and your source for reliable and qualified content to help you do your job better.
- Addison-Wesley Professional
- Cisco Press
- IBM Press
- Pearson IT Certification
- Prentice Hall Professional
- Sams Publishing
- VMware Press
Take advantage of special member promotions, everyday discounts, quick access to saved content, and more!