- Signing Up for Google Mobile
- Viewing Google Maps
- Displaying Traffic Information
- Displaying Driving Directions
- Finding Local Businesses
- Reading Google News
- Sending and Receiving Gmail
- Creating Mobile Blog Posts
- Searching Google on the Go
- Personalizing Your Google Mobile Search Page
- Get Other Information via Google Text Messaging
Finding Local Businesses
You can also use Google Maps to find local business in your current area. Just generate a map for the area, display the Google Maps menu, and select Find Business. When prompted, enter the type of or name of the business you’re looking for. Google will now display matching businesses on the map itself; press the number for a given business to display more information.
You don’t have to use Google Maps to find local businesses, however. Google offers a local search service that can be accessed from Google’s search function. Go to the Google Mobile home page on your phone, select Search, and then enter the name or type of business, followed by a location (city, state, or Zip code). Check the Local Listings option, then click the onscreen Search button. Google will now return a list of businesses in the selected area.
It’s a great way to find the nearest gas station or restaurant while you’re on a road trip!