- Signing Up for Google Mobile
- Viewing Google Maps
- Displaying Traffic Information
- Displaying Driving Directions
- Finding Local Businesses
- Reading Google News
- Sending and Receiving Gmail
- Creating Mobile Blog Posts
- Searching Google on the Go
- Personalizing Your Google Mobile Search Page
- Get Other Information via Google Text Messaging
Displaying Driving Directions
Google Maps also lets you generate driving directions to or from your current location. This is a real boon when you’re traveling and can’t find a specific location—or just need help getting from point A to point B.
You start by displaying the Google Maps menu, then select Directions. You are now prompted to select a start point; this can either be a point on the current map, or you can enter a new address. You’re now prompted for the end point of your journey; again, you can select a point on the map or enter the location of your final destination.
Google now calculates the route and displays trip details (distance, time, and so forth). Select Start Directions to display detailed step-by-step directions and maps.