- Locating and Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Modifying Picture Brightness and Contrast
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Scanning and Imaging Documents
- Managing Pictures
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Modifying an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Type
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Titles
- Changing Chart Labels
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Saving a Chart Template
Applying a Border to a Picture
After you insert a picture, you can add and modify the picture border by changing individual outline formatting using the Picture Border button on the Format tab under Picture Tools. The Picture Border button works just like the Shape Outline button and provides similar options to add a border, select a border color, and change border width and style. You can try different border combinations to find the one you want. If you don’t find one that works for you, you can use the No Outline command on the Picture Border gallery to remove it.
Apply a Border to a Picture
Click the picture you want to change.
Click the Format tab under Picture Tools.
Click the Picture Border button.
Click a color, or point to Weight, or Dashes, and then select a style, or click More Lines to select multiple options.
Drag a sizing handle to change the size or angle of the line or arrow.