- Locating and Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Modifying Picture Brightness and Contrast
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Scanning and Imaging Documents
- Managing Pictures
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Modifying an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Type
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Titles
- Changing Chart Labels
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Saving a Chart Template
Applying a Shape to a Picture
After you insert a picture into your document, you can select it and apply one of Office’s shapes to it (New!). The picture appears in the shape just like it has been cropped. The Picture Shape gallery makes it easy to choose the shape you want to use. Live preview is not available with the Picture Shape gallery. You can try different shapes to find the one you want. If you don’t find the one you want, you can use the Reset Picture button to return the picture back to its original state.
Apply a Shape to a Picture
Click the picture you want to change.
Click the Format tab under Picture Tools.
Click the Picture Shape button.
Select the shape you want to apply to the selected picture.