- Locating and Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Modifying Picture Brightness and Contrast
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Scanning and Imaging Documents
- Managing Pictures
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Modifying an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Type
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Titles
- Changing Chart Labels
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Saving a Chart Template
Applying WordArt Text Effects
You can change the look of WordArt text by applying effects (New!), such as shadows, reflections, glow, soft edges, 3-D rotations, and transformations. You can apply effects to a shape by using the Text Effects gallery for quick results. From the Text Effects gallery you can apply a built-in combination of 3-D effects or individual effects to WordArt text. To quickly see if you like the effect, point to a thumbnail in the Text Effects gallery to display a live preview (New!) of it. If you like it, you can apply it. If you no longer want to apply the effect, you can remove it. Simply, select the WordArt text, point to the effect type on the Text Effects gallery, and then select the No effect type option.
Apply an Effect to WordArt Text
Click the WordArt object you want to change.
Click the Format tab under Drawing or WordArt Tools.
Click the Text Effects button.
- For Word, use the Shadow Effects and 3D Effects buttons.
Point to one of the following:
- Shadow to select No Shadow, one of the shadow types (Outer or Inner), or More Shadows.
- Reflection to select No Reflection or one of the Reflection Variations.
- Glow to select No Glow, one of the Glow Variations, or More Glow Colors.
- Bevel to select No Bevel, one of the bevel variations, or More 3-D Settings.
- 3-D Rotation to select No Rotation, one of the rotation types (Parallel, Perspective, or Oblique), or More 3-D Settings.
- Transform to select No Transform, or one of the transform types (Follow Path or Warp).
Click the effect you want to apply to the selected shape.