- Locating and Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Modifying Picture Brightness and Contrast
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Scanning and Imaging Documents
- Managing Pictures
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Modifying an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Type
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Titles
- Changing Chart Labels
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Saving a Chart Template
Editing Chart Data
You can edit chart data in a worksheet one cell at a time, or you can manipulate a range of data. If you’re not sure what data to change to get the results you want, use the Edit Data Source dialog box to help you. You can work with data ranges by series, either Legend or Horizontal. The Legend series is the data range displayed on the axis with the legend, while the Horizontal series is the data range displayed on the other axis. Use the Collapse Dialog button to temporarily minimize the dialog to select the data range you want. After you select your data, click the Expand Dialog button to return back to the dialog box.
Edit the Data Source
Click the chart you want to modify.
Click the Design tab under Chart Tools.
Click the Select Data button on the Design tab under Chart Tools.
In the Select Data Source dialog box, use any of the following:
Chart data range. Displays the data range of the plotted chart.
Switch Row/Column. Click to switch plotting the data series from rows or columns.
Add. Click to add a new Legend data series to the chart.
Edit. Click to make changes to a Legend or Horizontal series.
Remove. Click to remove the selected Legend data series.
Move Up and Move Down. Click to move a Legend data series up or down in the list.
Hidden and Empty Cells. Click to plot hidden data and determine what to do with empty cells.