- Locating and Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Modifying Picture Brightness and Contrast
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Scanning and Imaging Documents
- Managing Pictures
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Modifying an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Type
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Titles
- Changing Chart Labels
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Saving a Chart Template
Creating an Organization Chart
An organization chart shows the reporting relationships between individuals in an organization. For example, you can show the relationship between a manager and employees within a company. You can create an organization chart using a SmartArt graphic (New!) or using Microsoft Organization Chart. A SmartArt graphic organization chart makes it easy to add shapes using the graphic portion or the Text pane.
Create an Organization Chart Using a SmartArt Graphic
Click the Insert tab.
Click the SmartArt button.
In the left pane, click Hierarchy.
In the middle pane, click a SmartArt organization chart type.
The SmartArt graphic appears with a Text pane to insert text.
Label the shapes by doing one of the following:
- Type text in the [Text] box.
You can use the arrow keys to move around the Text pane.
- Click a shape, and then type text directly into the shape.
To add shapes from the Text pane, place the insertion point at the beginning of the text where you want to add a shape, type the text you want, press Enter, and then to indent the new shape, press Tab or to promote, press Shift+Tab.
You can also click the Add Shape button arrow on the Design tab under SmartArt Tools, and then select the type of shape you want to add.
When you’re done, click outside of the SmartArt graphic.