- Working with Files
- Selecting Files
- Viewing File Details
- Renaming a File
- Moving a File
- Copying a File
- Copying a File Using the Send To Command
- Deleting a File
- Undeleting a File from the Recycle Bin
- Opening a File from an Explorer
- Setting File Associations
- Printing a File from an Explorer
- Using Instant Search
- Saving Searches
- Running a Saved Search
- Adding a Tag to a File
- Adding Other Properties to a File
Opening a File from an Explorer
As you are organizing your files, you may need to open a file to view its contents. You may also browse through folder windows to find a particular file and then open it, rather than open it from within the program. When you open a file, the associated program is started, and the file is opened.
In the Explorer, double-click the file you want to open.
The associated program is started, and the file is displayed.
When you are done viewing the file, click the Close button to close the document and program.