- Setting Sales and Customers Preferences
- Creating an Invoice
- Previewing Invoices
- Printing a Single Invoice
- Printing a Batch of Invoices
- Emailing an Invoice
- Charging Expenses to a Customer
- Setting Finance Charge Preferences
- Creating a Monthly Statement
- Setting Send Forms Preferences
- Tracking Accounts Receivable
- Receiving Payments for Invoices
- Issuing a Credit or Refund
- Receiving Cash
- Making Bank Deposits
- Receiving Advances, Retainers, and Down Payments
- Issuing Discounts
- Viewing the Open Invoices Report
- Creating a Collection Letter
- Recording Bad Debts
Charging Expenses to a Customer
When you make a purchase on behalf of a customer, you need to designate the customer on the bill. Then, when you create an invoice for the customer, you can request that expenses be charged as well as any other items that go on the invoice. You can also select a markup for the expense if you intend to sell this to your customer at a profit.
Designate the Customer When Making a Purchase
- Prepare a new bill for a purchase, or open an existing bill.
- Enter the customer’s name and, if applicable, a job.
- Save the bill.
Place Expenses on a Customer Invoice
- Open an invoice form and enter the customer information.
- If this pop-up dialog box appears, choose the option to Select the Outstanding Billable Time and Costs to Ad to This Invoice, and then click OK. Note that you can check a box at the bottom of the dialog box if you want to make this your default choice for future invoices that have time or costs assigned to them.
- If the pop-up dialog box did not appear, click the Add Time/Costs button.
- Click the Expenses tab.
- Enter the markup amount or percentage, if applicable.
- Verify the account to which the markup should be recorded, if applicable.
- Check any item you want to include on this invoice.
- Indicate whether the expenses are taxable to the customer.
- If you are charging more than one item to the customer and if you want all the items to appear as a single item on the customer invoice, check this box.
- Click OK.
- Complete the invoice and save it.