- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Using the Text Pane with SmartArt Graphics
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Resizing a SmartArt Graphic
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Formatting a Shape in a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Modifying an Organization Chart
- Inserting a Chart
- Selecting Chart Data
- Entering Chart Data
- Editing Chart Data
- Importing Data
- Modifying the Data Worksheet
- Selecting a Chart Type, Layout, and Style
- Formatting Chart Objects
- Changing the Chart Layout Objects
- Saving a Chart Template
- Inserting a Table
- Modifying a Table
- Formatting a Table
- Adding a Quick Style to a Table
- Applying Effects to a Table
- Sharing Information Among Documents
- Embedding and Linking an Object
- Modifying Links
- Inserting a Microsoft Excel Chart
- Inserting a Microsoft Word Document
- Inserting a Microsoft Organization Chart
- Modifying a Microsoft Organization Chart
- Linking and Embedding Sounds
Inserting a Microsoft Organization Chart
If you need to match an existing organization chart from a previous version of PowerPoint, or create a chart layout for Co-Manager, Vertical, and Multiple Manager, then Microsoft Organization Chart is your best choice. Microsoft Organization Chart is an add-in for Microsoft Office 2007 programs, which you need to install. You can insert an Organization Chart using the Insert Object button on the Insert tab. When you create an organization chart, a sample chart appears. You can add text, add shapes, and format the chart boxes and connecting lines. To convert an existing organization chart from a previous version of PowerPoint, simply double-click the chart, and PowerPoint converts it.
Create an Organization Chart Using an Embedded Object
Click the Insert tab, and then click Insert Object button.
Click the Create new option.
Click Microsoft Organization Chart.
To add text, click a chart box, and then type a name or text you want.
Click the chart box to which you want to attach the new chart box.
Click the Insert Shape button list arrow on the Organization Chart toolbar, and then click a shape option.
- Coworker. Places the shape next to the selected shape and connect it to the same manager shape.
- Subordinate. Places the new shape below the selected shape and to connect it to the selected shape.
- Assistant. Places the new shape below the selected shape with an elbow connector.
When you’re done, click anywhere outside the org chart.