- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Using the Text Pane with SmartArt Graphics
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Resizing a SmartArt Graphic
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Formatting a Shape in a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Modifying an Organization Chart
- Inserting a Chart
- Selecting Chart Data
- Entering Chart Data
- Editing Chart Data
- Importing Data
- Modifying the Data Worksheet
- Selecting a Chart Type, Layout, and Style
- Formatting Chart Objects
- Changing the Chart Layout Objects
- Saving a Chart Template
- Inserting a Table
- Modifying a Table
- Formatting a Table
- Adding a Quick Style to a Table
- Applying Effects to a Table
- Sharing Information Among Documents
- Embedding and Linking an Object
- Modifying Links
- Inserting a Microsoft Excel Chart
- Inserting a Microsoft Word Document
- Inserting a Microsoft Organization Chart
- Modifying a Microsoft Organization Chart
- Linking and Embedding Sounds
Applying Effects to a Table
You can change the look of a table by applying effects (New!), such as shadows, reflections, glow, soft edges, 3-D rotations, and transformations. Apply effects to a table by using the Table Effects gallery for quick results. From the Table Effects gallery you can apply a built-in combination of 3-D effects or individual effects to a table. To quickly see if you like the effect, point to a thumbnail in the Table Effects gallery to display a live preview (New!) of it. If you like it, you can apply it. If you no longer want to apply the effect, you can remove it. Simply, select the table, point to the effect type on the Table Effects gallery, and then select the No effect type option.
Apply an Effect to a Text
Click the table you want to change.
Click the Design tab under Table Tools.
Click the Tables Effects button, and then point to one of the following:
- Cell Bevel to select No Bevel or one of the bevel variations.
- Shadow to select No Shadow, one of the shadow types (Outer or Inner), or More Shadows.
- Reflection to select No Reflection or one of the Reflection Variations.
When you point to an effect, a live preview (New!) of the style appears in the current shape.
Click the effect you want from the gallery to apply it to the selected shape.