- Software Development: The Need for a New Paradigm
- Software Development Strategies and Life-Cycle Models
- Software Process Improvement
- ADR Method
- Seven Components of the Robust Software Development Process
- Robust Software Development Model
- Key Points
- Additional Resources
- Internet Exercises
- Review Questions
- Discussion Questions and Projects
The CEO of the company for which you are MIS director asks why the new enterprise software for which he paid millions still has bugs. What do you tell him?
Which software development model does your organization or an organization you are familiar with employ? Do you consider it successful? If not, what does it lack, and where does it fail?
If a computer program is algorithmically similar to a mathematical theorem, why can’t the person who designed it prove it will work properly before it is run?
How is object-oriented programming fundamentally different from earlier procedural programming technology? What promise do these differences hold for future software trustworthiness?