- Editing Data
- Overwriting and Deleting Data
- Undoing and Redoing Changes
- Inserting Cells
- Deleting Cells
- Inserting and Deleting Rows
- Inserting and Deleting Columns
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Data
- Flipping Rows and Columns
- Moving Data
- Finding Data
- Replacing Data
- Adding and Viewing Cell Comments
- Editing and Deleting Cell Comments
- Inserting Symbols
- Tracking Changes
- Accepting or Rejecting Tracked Changes
- Checking Spelling
Inserting and Deleting Rows
You can insert extra rows into a worksheet to make more room for additional data or formulas. Adding more rows, which gives the appearance of adding space between rows, can also make the worksheet easier to read. Alternatively, you can delete rows from a worksheet to close up some empty space or remove unwanted information.
After you click a cell above which you want to add a row, open the Insert menu and choose Rows.
A new row is inserted (notice the Insert Options Format Painter smart tag, which allows you to format the row like the one above it, below it, or to apply no formatting).
To delete a row, right-click the row header for the row you want to delete, and choose Delete from the shortcut menu that appears.
The row is deleted.