- Opening My Computer
- Opening the My Documents Folder
- Opening the My Pictures Folder
- Opening the My Music Folder
- Selecting a Folder
- Navigating Folders
- Changing the Window View
- Sorting the Contents of a Window
- Choosing Content Details
- Grouping Icons
- Creating a New Folder
- Displaying the Folders List
- Copying Folders
- Moving Folders
- Renaming Folders
- Deleting Folders
- Changing the Folder Options
Another way to view a window’s content is to group icons. The grouping depends on how the items are sorted. If you sort by name, the contents of a window are grouped alphabetically. If you sort by type, the contents are grouped by type. Therefore, sort first and then group. You can group in any view.
Sort the contents by how you want them grouped. For instance, to group by type, sort by type.
Click View, Arrange Icons by, Show in Groups.
Windows groups the icons by the sort order (here by type).