- Editing Data
- Overwriting and Deleting Data
- Undoing and Redoing Changes
- Inserting Cells
- Deleting Cells
- Inserting and Deleting Rows
- Inserting and Deleting Columns
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Data
- Flipping Rows and Columns
- Moving Data
- Finding Data
- Replacing Data
- Adding and Viewing Cell Comments
- Editing and Deleting Cell Comments
- Inserting Symbols
- Tracking Changes
- Accepting or Rejecting Tracked Changes
- Checking Spelling
As you work with worksheets, you might find that data needs to be eliminated to keep the worksheet up-to-date. Or you might accidentally add an extraneous cell of data in a row or column. To avoid typing all your data again to rectify the error, you can delete extraneous cells and shift other cells to their correct locations.
Select the cell (or cells) you want to delete.
Open the Edit menu and choose Delete to open the Delete dialog box.
Select what you want to happen to the rest of the cells when the selected cells are deleted; for example, Shift cells up, and click OK.
The selected cell(s) are deleted, and other cells are shifted.