- What's Covered in This Chapter
- Design Approach and Artifact Choices
- Free-Form Architecture Diagram
- From User Stories to Design
- Exploring Classes Using CRC Cards
- Application Flow Map (Homegrown Artifact)
- UML Class Diagram
- UML Package Diagram
- Directory Structure
- Sample File Names
- End-to-End Development Steps
- Acceptance Tests
- Other Considerations
- Recommended Resources
Figure 3.7 shows the directory structure we will use for our sample application. This should look pretty straightforward and familiar; the most notable subdirectories here are src, build, lib, and dist. This figure will be referenced in later chapters (Chapters 4, 5, and 7, for example) and the directories relevant to each chapter will be discussed in a bit more detail, when needed. Meanwhile, Figure 3.7 provides a brief description for all the key directories.
Figure 3.7 Development directory structure for Time Expression.