- Who You Gonna Call?
- Too Many Versions and Patches
- Office Knows Best
- No Attachments or Links in Outlook Email
- Macro SecurityReferences and Security
- Frames Around Inserted Images and Diagrams
- Cant Send More Than One Message to Junk Mail
- Cant Move Customized Toolbars to Another Computer
- Wheres My Stuff?
- Office Wizards Promise to Save Settings but May Not
- Email Setup Is Too Complex
- No Easy Synchronicity
8. Can’t Move Customized Toolbars to Another Computer
Microsoft spends a lot of time trumpeting the "customizability" of Office. Because it hides its features in numerous toolbars and menus, it has created a system for putting your own toolbars and menus together with the combination of icons or commands that you use most frequently in concert with one another.
These also correspond to macros, which work particularly well when added to toolbars or menus.
There’s only one problem: If you want to reuse these wonderful menus and toolbars elsewhere, they’re virtually impossible to move. You need to re-create them.
You can move the macros as "modules" easily enough. And in most cases, they will attach themselves to templates, if you know how to create those.
So you can spend a lot of time putting together a set of menus and toolbars with your own combination of icons and commands, only to have to re-create them when you need to reinstall Office (but that almost never happens, right?).