- You're really a Microsoft shill, aren't you?
- But Microsoft did pay you, right?
- You hate Linux, though?
- And you think we should all use Windows?
- I am surprised you didn't mention UNIX security. What do you think of capability-oriented systems?
- You criticize UNIX and say that Mach has some features it lacks, but isn't Mach a form of UNIX?
- Putting wildcard expansion in the shell isn't a bug, its a feature.
- You advocate message passing microkernels, but aren't they really expensive?
- With what do you propose we replace UNIX?
2. But Microsoft did pay you, right?
No. I was paid by Informit, who may (directly or indirectly) receive advertising revenue from Microsoft, but because the idea for the article came from me and not them, this did not have any bearing on my decision to write it. Of course, if anyone from Microsoft is reading this and wants to give me some money then they can, as long as I don’t have to do anything.