Turning Off Your Lights via the PalmPad
Let’s look at how to control the lamp you connected to the lamp module via the PalmPad included in the FireCracker kit.
- Select a House code on the transceiver module. For this example, let’s
set the House code to A, as shown in Figure
Figure 5 Transceiver module with House code set to A.
- Now, on the lamp module that your lamp is plugged into, set the House code to A. This setup effectively allows the lamp module to receive messages from the transceiver module.
- Set the Unit code for the lamp module to 1. This sets the call signature for
the lamp plugged into the lamp module as A1 (see
Figure 6). If we had set the
House code to B and the Unit code for the lamp module to 2, the call signature
would be B2, and so on.
Figure 6 Lamp module set to Unit code 1 and House code A.
- On the PalmPad remote, set the House code to A, as shown in Figure
Figure 7 PalmPad remote control with House code set to A.
- You can now press the ON and OFF buttons on your PalmPad remote to turn the
lamp connected to the lamp module on and off, respectively. In addition to
turning the lamp on and off remotely, you can dim and brighten the lamp by using
the blue up-arrow and down-arrow buttons on the PalmPad remote (see
Figure 8 Breakdown of the PalmPad remote buttons.