This chapter is from the book
- Define terms in your development process, and keep a glossary of them on an internal build Web page. If you like, standardize on the definitions in this chapter.
- Clean build your complete product at least once per week, or every day if possible.
- Use incremental builds on a daily basis if clean builds are not possible or practical.
- Start charting the quality of your product, and post it where everyone involved in the project can see it.
- Release LKG (or IDW) builds weekly; then switch to daily releases toward the end of the shipping cycle.
- Follow the Software Development Flow diagram.
- As noted earlier, I will also post the definitions in this book to http://www.thebuildmaster.com site so you can download them and publish them to your group or company.