- Make the Most of Keyguard
- Secure Your Treo with a Password
- Set Owner Information
- Tweak the Power Preferences
- Adjust the Brightness and Screen Settings
- Select Wallpaper for the Phone
- Customize the Application Buttons
- Choose, Create, and Download Ring and Alert Tones
- Take Control of Your Treo’s Volume
- A Few Other Interesting Treo Customizations
Although you might certainly find settings and features for your Treo that you continue to refine and change over time, this chapter gives you a head start toward making your device suit you better. Whether it’s fine-tuning the Keyguard feature, locking down your device with a password, or customizing the application buttons to fit your work style, you found out in this chapter that the Treo can be molded to meet each person’s unique needs. You continue fine-tuning your device throughout the remainder of the book as you explore various Treo applications in more detail.
Part II of this book, "Managing Personal Information with Your Treo," focuses on desktop synchronization and managing contacts, events, alarms, tasks, and memos.