Attach the XML Schema to Your Document
Attaching a schema is as easy as attaching a template and fairly similar. Begin by opening the SampleText.doc Word document, to which you're going to attach our fancy Herb Catalog schema. Then follow these steps:
- I'm presuming that you still have your Templates and Add-Ins dialog box open. (If not, click Tools, Templates and Add-Ins and then click the XML Schema tab.) Select the check box for the schema you want to attach—in this case, Herb Catalog.
- Select the check box Validate Document Against Attached Schemas (see Figure
4) and then click the XML Options button.
Figure 4 Schema check box selected.
- In the XML Options dialog box, make sure that your check box selections
match those in Figure 5. That is, only these boxes are selected:
- Validate Document Against Attached Schemas (should already be checked because you did it in the last dialog box)
- Show Advanced XML Error Messages
Figure 5 XML options with appropriate check boxes selected.
- Click OK and then OK again to close both dialog boxes. The XML Structure task pane appears to the right of your document space.