- Focusing Your Practice
- Avoiding Automated Performance
- Contributing to Open Source Projects
- Beta Testing
- Pair Testing/Programming
- Adopt "Parallel Thinking"
- Search for Bugs in the Wild
- Learn "Systems Thinking"
- Teaching and Writing
- Participating in Conferences and Workshops
- Develop Your Cognition Skills
- Finding the Time for Practice
Participating in Conferences and Workshops
For the community-minded, a lot of good practicing can happen at conferences and workshops. A very large software testing community hosts and encourages participation in focused workshops on software testing. If you need to energize your testing and energize your practice, take some time to attend one of these events. Instead of practicing a little bit each day or week, conferences and workshops give you high-intensity practice sessions lasting days, not minutes or hours.