- A Brief History of DB2
- DB2 software and the IBM E-Business On-Demand Model
- DB2 UDB Editions
- DB2 UDB Clients
- "Try and Buy" Versions
- Host Connectivity
- Federated Support
- Replication Support
- IBM DB2 Information Integrator
- Special Package Offerings for Developers
- DB2 Syntax Diagram Conventions
- Case Study
- Review Questions
1.10 Special Package Offerings for Developers
Two special offerings are available for application developers.
- The DB2 Personal Developer's Edition (PDE), for Linux and Windows platforms, comes with DB2 UDB Personal Edition, DB2 Connect Personal Edition, and all the DB2 clients.
- The DB2 Universal Developer's Edition (UDE), for Linux, UNIX, and Windows platforms, comes with all server editions, with the exception of the database partitioning feature and optional extenders. In addition, all the DB2 clients are also provided.
Both editions come at a reduced price, and are restricted to the development, evaluation, demonstration, and testing of application programs. Figure 1.12 shows most of the software provided with each offering. For a detailed listing of the features included with each offering, refer to the DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows main Web page at http://www.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/.