- By Tim Mather and Mark Egan
- May 6, 2005
This chapter is from the book
Key Points for This Chapter
- Information security is a significant boardroom issue that executives need to understand to conduct business electronically.
- Security incidents have grown from minor annoyances to significant issues with billion dollar impacts.
- Electronic commerce has created a new channel for conducting business that relies upon an effective information security program
to gain the trust of customers.
- Security incidents will continue to grow in speed, complexity, and business impact.
- The information security market is immature, and complete solutions do not exist today.
- Government and industry legislation will continue to evolve in an effort to protect consumers and enterprises that conduct
more of their business electronically.