- Installation Pathways and Preparation
- Step by Step: Installing Reporting Services on a Server with IIS
- Installing Reporting Services in a Non-Default Website
- After InstallationTuning and Reconfiguring
- Testing the Installation
- Installing Reporting Services on a Web Farm
- Removing Reporting Services
- Reporting Services Documentation Refresh
- Reporting Services Service Pack 1
In this chapter, we discussed some of the more common setup scenariosfrom installing everything on one development system to installing the various Reporting Services components on different machines. We also walked you through a number of configuration and testing steps that should help you get started with Reporting Services more quickly and with fewer hassles.
While we can't give advice for every conceivable configuration, we invite you to participate in our community at www.SQLReportingServices.NET. Here you can let us know any issues you encounter, and we'll try to help you solve them. You might also share with us any solutions you find for particular problems. As Reporting Services evolves, we envisage that the most up-to-date best practice suggestions will be posted on our website.
A Final Suggestion Whatever Reporting Services installation configuration you have built, we strongly recommend that you use the rskeymgmt.exe utility, back up the symmetric key to offline storage, and secure it along with the password you used to encrypt the file.