- Case Study: Interior Specialists Management System
- Remote Services
- Benefits of Deployment Under Remote Services
- Issues of Application Deployment using Remote Services
- Application Design Considerations
- Application Development Under Remote Services
- Conclusions and Recommendations
- Further Reading
Application Design Considerations
Any third-party or custom application can be deployed under remote services. Although no special coding is required when developing an application specifically for deployment under remote services, the same good programming guidelines apply, and perhaps more so.
Because all applications will be running on the server, care should be taken to minimize server load. Release all objects and connections as quickly as possible. Avoid extremely heavy forms that stay resident for long periods.
Also, be certain that the applications work properly in a multiuser environment. Be careful using shared versus user Registry keys, for example. Overall, one of the best ways to ensure that your custom application will function properly under remote services is to develop it within the remote services environment.